London people...

16th March - Bachata at Tito's - weekly classes and social (classes 7:30 - 10pm, moderna and dominican, then social til late). I don't do Bachata much, but this is regarded as one of the best bachata nights of the week with high level classes.

17th March - El grande - monthly event 8pm - 5am at Scala (nearest tube Kings Cross) - even on1/on2, with also a cuban, kizomba and bachata rooms. Good floor and venue, several DJs, usually great music, multiple shows, social gets better after midnight.

18th March - Salsa fusion - bimonthly event, 9:30 pm - 2 am (nearest tube Great Portland Street) - has an xbody and a cuban room, usually busy, but I rarely go so can't speak much about it. Johnny the G DJ.
18th March - Bachata spice - also bimonthly, one of the most popular Bachata nights, 7:45 pm - 2:30 am (nearest tube Holborn).

19th March - SOS - weekly night, 7pm-8pm and social from 8pm to 11pm - good music, one big room, xbody only, mix of on1/on2, nearest tube Russel Square, DJ Julian the Duke

20th March - Bar Salsa Supermario's Mondays - 7-9pm classes, then social until 2 am - Bar Salsa is really busy as usual, but the classes with Mario are worth attending, and if you stay longer, it gets better room wise as they move the tables away (I would say on1 prevalent), nearest tube Leicester Square/Tottenham Court Road, DJ Julian the Duke.

21st March - TNT - on2 only night, classes from 7pm-9pm and social from 9pm to midnight, nearest tube Tufnell Park, this is a highly regarded night as well

Hotel depends on your budget, but location wise I would be staying somewhere in zone 2 in West or North London (preferably with access to Bakerloo line to get to Maida Vale easily). I would go for Airbnb myself in West London if you are looking to save. I would also buy a weekly travelcard for Zone 1-2 which will allow you travel as much as you want around London. It costs £33 and includes all transport (except taxis of course).

I've attached a tube map with the above event locations.
I'll be in town on Thursday, is the info still relevant for all the oarties and are they still the onee recommended? I'll also be glad to meet up with SF members at clubs while in town :)

Is Bar Salsa on Thursday worth considering? I am definitely going to El Grande on Friday.
Haven't been for years but Thursday was always considered one of the worst nights for good dancing at Bar Salsa.

There is a guy who used to teach there who teaches some interesting/crazy moves. Never did his classes as it was not for me but he is fun to watch dance.

Edit: Maybe it has improved though!

Last edited:
There is a new event this Saturday that could be worth checking out due to a live band:

The Vinyl Bar 2 -3 Old Change Court, London EC4M 8EN

Doors Open 8pm
8.30-9.30pm - Classes in Salsa & Bachata followed by dancing till 3am to salsa dura, salsa brava, latin jazz, bachata sensual, dominicana and merengue in town featuring live set by Quarto Elemento

I've been to the venue (but not the party) before, and the floor was great.

There is a new event this Saturday that could be worth checking out due to a live band:

The Vinyl Bar 2 -3 Old Change Court, London EC4M 8EN

Doors Open 8pm
8.30-9.30pm - Classes in Salsa & Bachata followed by dancing till 3am to salsa dura, salsa brava, latin jazz, bachata sensual, dominicana and merengue in town featuring live set by Quarto Elemento

I've been to the venue (but not the party) before, and the floor was great.
I wish I had taken notice of this prior to going out yesterday. But today at SOS was awesome, one of the best non-congress parties I have been to. I love the positive vibe in London, the gender balance creates a better atmosphere than lead/follow-heavy parties. Had great dances with Macmoto, she definitely knows her stuff! Tomorrow I guess I am bar-salsaing if anyone from SF is going would be happy to meet up.

Back in Israel now, looking back I would definitely send people to SOS+TNT. El grande was ok as well. Salsa fusion is a total miss. Bar Salsa didn;t do much for me on Monday+Tuesday either. If I were more of a beginner/looking to pick up girls I am sure my preferences would have changed, except for about Salsa Fusion.

London people - Forge is closing down, this Friday is the last ever Cuban Jam there. If any of you haven't been, this is your last chance, I highly recommend it, great DJ and always a great band performing.

Dance Ads