Your favourite Christmas Music

The op does not specify salsa, and Xmas salsa is one subject I have never really investigated, and it has already been covered on this thread. Therefore here's my favourite Xmas music, none of which is Latin:

Charles Brown - Merry Christmas Baby

Kurtis Blow - Christmas Rappin'

Those two are the ultimate, and the latter is essential for DJing a non salsa event.

Also:

Booker T And The MGs - Jingle Bells

James Brown - Santa Claus Go Straight To The Ghetto

Actually JB recorded a number of killer funky Xmas tunes.

Thanks DJ Yuca...however I did mean Latin when I first asked about Christmas music though I was open to all Latin music genres (salsa,bachata, cha cha cha, merengue, cumbia..) While I am interested in also non-Latin - as a matter of curiosity - I think such questions would be better our the sister forum - danceforums - rather than here, unless I asked about non-Latin music in our "anonymous" area.

That was my favorite Christmas Salsa for awhile. :cool:

My new favorite is "Esta Navidad" by Orquesta Tabaco y Ron. That song totally jams as much as any other "regular" Salsa song! :rocker: It's on an album called "Ponle Salsa a Tu Navidad" which is filled with danceable holiday Salsa. I'll be part of a performance using that song at my studio's holiday social this upcoming weekend. If we get some good video from it, then I'll post a link elsewhere on this website.
Yes,some good danceable x'mas salsa on the album. Just got the CD from amazon today.:) Thanks

Looking forward to the dance vid.

matty

Son Montuno
The op does not specify salsa, and Xmas salsa is one subject I have never really investigated, and it has already been covered on this thread. Therefore here's my favourite Xmas music, none of which is Latin:

Charles Brown - Merry Christmas Baby

Kurtis Blow - Christmas Rappin'

Those two are the ultimate, and the latter is essential for DJing a non salsa event.

Also:

Booker T And The MGs - Jingle Bells

James Brown - Santa Claus Go Straight To The Ghetto

Actually JB recorded a number of killer funky Xmas tunes.
great! i really enjoyed listening to these :D

My favorite Latin Xmas albums are definitely:
+ El Gran Combo: Nuestra Música (Xmas album)
- La Fiesta de Pilito
- No hay cama pa' tanta gente

- Cosas del Campo etc...

+ El Gran Combo - En Navidad
- Alegría y Paz
- Ya viene la nochebuena
- Cantares
- El Santo Nombre etc....
It's fascinating how much Christmas Salsa exists (just type "Salsa" and "Navidad" into the various music purchasing websites) -- and how much of it gets played at other times of the year besides December. I had heard the two highlighted songs before, but didn't know their titles or the album. I wound up downloading those songs plus "Desenfunda."

Looking forward to the dance vid.
The Rueda performance turned out "okay." A few glitches but at least we hit a couple of our highlight moves and the people in attendance seemed to enjoy it. Somebody posted an extended video on Facebook, and I'll see if I can trim it and put it on YouTube sometime in the near future.

EDITED TO INCLUDE VIDEO LINK
Okay, here it is (but only low quality resolution):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxJBuNg8J04

They all are I believe. Maybe Xmas was a big deal in 50s Cuba. I don't know of any Xmas tunes she did in NY although they probably exist.

Incidentally, much as I like Celia's tunes from all eras, I think her best stuff was from back when she was in Cuba.

Dance Ads