Which teachers have good websites for learning?

I search for good teachers with classes on their website. maybe some teachers come together and share site - I think i see this somewhere, but now can't find.

or is there other kind of site with many salsa video i can learn at?

Thank you

I search for good teachers with classes on their website. maybe some teachers come together and share site - I think i see this somewhere, but now can't find.

Thank you
Hey! I just open a NEW youtube channel - with many full free tutorials on Footwork-Shines, Body Isolation and Spins! - you are welcome to check it out - I hope that l will be helpful for you!

you can search on youtube: "Marcus Body Coding" to get to my channel...

Take care, and have a great day!

Why do you think you cant learn from videos? if you mind me asking
I guess it's less about how one can't learn (anything) from videos, and more about he should learn from a teacher who can give him feedback.
This is especially true for beginners, who may think they understand things that they not, and risk developing bad habits.

In addition, there is no guarantee that the instruction on the net is clear and 'solid' enough: A student may misinterpret what he is seeing/hearing.
In class, the instructor can see (on the students) when his instruction wasn't good enough - and fix it.

I guess it's less about how one can't learn (anything) from videos, and more about he should learn from a teacher who can give him feedback.
This is especially true for beginners, who may think they understand things that they not, and risk developing bad habits.

In addition, there is no guarantee that the instruction on the net is clear and 'solid' enough: A student may misinterpret what he is seeing/hearing.
In class, the instructor can see (on the students) when his instruction wasn't good enough - and fix it.
Totally agree with what you said. I would not advise someone to learn his first steps from the internet - especially - when working with a partner - because as you also said - there are so many mistakes he can do when no one can correct him or her.

However - for an intermediate dancer who understands the basics very good - learning on YouTube can be very nice tool :)

Totally agree with what you said. I would not advise someone to learn his first steps from the internet - especially - when working with a partner - because as you also said - there are so many mistakes he can do when no one can correct him or her.

However - for an intermediate dancer who understands the basics very good - learning on YouTube can be very nice tool :)
The main problem with all vids is, you cannot ask questions !

Like techn books, they are a "guide " and interpretations can and often do lead (no pun ) to mis-understandings . And, it also largely depends upon the source of the info. as in by whom.

In addition, the nuance of movement is abstract .
The more important point in vids IMO, is it opens the mind to explore and examine in more detail ( or should ! ) .

Hey! I just open a NEW youtube channel - with many full free tutorials on Footwork-Shines, Body Isolation and Spins! - you are welcome to check it out - I hope that l will be helpful for you!

I subscribed.:) Nice channel. Use a playlist tool on youtube to sort your videos.

I subscribed.:) Nice channel. Use a playlist tool on youtube to sort your videos.
Thanks for checking it out! I hope you will find it helpful...

Thanks for the tip about the playlists... matter of fact - I do have playlists in the channel - and they are visible ONLY in the HOME PAGE of the channel - since they are unlisted at the moment.

I will make them turn them public - one by one in the next few weeks - (it is mostly for the youtube algoritm.. )

but again - if you check out the homepage of the channel you will see everything very nicely organized...

https://www.youtube.com/c/MarcusBodyCoding

and thanks again!!

You made several good videos about spins. I also found a video that can be interesting for you. Check it
I know this clip - it is very interesting!!
I even used this part of the film in the breakdown I did in the 3 basic fundamentals of spins as well... :)

I didnt see this movie though - did you?

Thank you
I can recommend these guys, but it is not free. Good for beginners. Also, videos will never substitute high-quality feedback. So the best option is to take classes and additionally learn from the web.
http://thedancedojo.com/

Thanks...perfect supplement to my in-person class. How can I show my support!

Oliver Pineda has a good site with a bunch of stuff on it. But not free either.

I think you can learn from videos but you can only learn so much. You need feedback from a partner. Also if something isn't working, you often need someone watching from the outside to see where the issue is. i.e. teacher.

Dance Ads