Where to dance in Portugal

Hi..
At www.salsaportugal.com you can find everything about Salsa in Portugal. Where to dance, where to learn and much much more...

In Portugal you can salsa :
T Bar - Chaves - thursdays
Lagar's - Braga/Amares
In Club - Braga
Sabor a Cuba - Porto/Matosinhos - Friday and Saturday
Havana - Porto/Gaia
El Sonero - Porto (biggest venue on the north) Thursday to Sunday
Pé d'Salsa - Aveiro - Friday and Saturday
Olaria - Aveiro - Tuesdays
Autocarro Bar - Aveiro - Thursdays
Azúcar e Salsa - Aveiro - Friday
Via Latina - Coimbra - once a month
M'Juana - Coimbra - Fridays
Clepsydra - Coimbra - every other Wednesday
Be'Bop - Montemor o Velho - once a month
Sabor Latino - Leiria - Fridays
Telles Bar - Fátima - every Monday
Barrio Latino - Lisboa (biggest venue in Portugal) - Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
Havana Expo - Lisboa - Thursday Friday and Sunday
Havana Docas - Lisboa - Thursday
Mojito Compay - Lisboa/Bairro Alto
Hawai Docas - Lisboa - Tuesday
Tasca Latina - Almancil
Havana Club - Armação de Pera
Black Jack - Vilamoura - Friday
Manjar - Portimão - Saturday
Vitaminas Bar - Lagos
Bar Património - Faro - Friday

For detailed information, visit: www.salsaportugal.com

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, I see lots of good information and I'm loving it. I don't know how to start a new thread thus I hope is ok to join this one as I have a related inquiry.

I will be in Lisbon for three weeks in April, I just recently started learning Salsa On 2 and want to continue while I am in Lisbon. Could you guys recommend good academies in Lisbon to take On2 lessons. I understand that in Lisbon On1 is more prevalent but I am sure there might be some On2 venues. I thank you in advance for your recommendations.

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, I see lots of good information and I'm loving it. I don't know how to start a new thread thus I hope is ok to join this one as I have a related inquiry.

I will be in Lisbon for three weeks in April, I just recently started learning Salsa On 2 and want to continue while I am in Lisbon. Could you guys recommend good academies in Lisbon to take On2 lessons. I understand that in Lisbon On1 is more prevalent but I am sure there might be some On2 venues. I thank you in advance for your recommendations.
will you always be in Lisbon, or will you have possibility to move with a car?

Couple of things to keep an eye on:

Hexlibris, Many thanks for the information. I will get to Lisbon on the weekend of the 16 thus will try to go to the Salsa Open looks to be a great event with the DJ from Paris. On your first question, I will be in Lisbon and only see myself moving by public transportation when Im there. I see that two of the events you recommended are sponsored by dance schools, is there a best one to go to while Im there? The two I see are EDSAE and Jazzy Dance Studios. Thank you for taking the time and providing this information.

Hi guys, I'll be in Lagos between July 25-August 1, any salsa there, or near Lagos? The salsaportugal website doesn't seem to exist anymore and I couldn't find much info on Vitaminas Bar, the venue referenced in the original post.

Is Barrio Latino near Santos on Av. Brasilia? Some maps show it elsewhere..

Is Barrio Latino Expo another club near Oriente?
Sorry just came back from Lisbon, was on vacations :)

Barrio Latino is near Terreiro do Paco. Correct address below:
Rua da cintura do porto de lisboa armazem 1

It was indeed at the Expo, but they moved some months ago.

I went to Barrio Latino and it was good to see some nice dancers but it wasn't for me... As matty mentioned on another thread, very studio orientated and a lot of people coming in groups or as couples and not mingling so much. If you like on1 at a fairly good level it might be worth checking out, though.

Hi there I am new to this site! I read Matty's post. What does that mean 'very studio-orientated'? I am going to Lisboa this wednesday till saturday, so I have the wednesday, thursday and friday to go out. And if they all dance in pairs or come in groups I'll just drag one to the dancefloor...

Dance Ads