What now....

Hello everybody –

I have finally read all the old posts (of interest) on this forum starting from the beginning. I have to say it was eye opening. I am very grateful that this was the first website on Salsa that I visited. You guys have been amazing with the amount of good info and insights I have found here. As a result, I have been saved from becoming a pattern monkey as the school I take lessons at right now is a drop-in pattern of the week type school. It’s the only one I can take lessons at now due to scheduling issues.

But now that I am caught up on the threads, I don’t know any other websites that have the type of info this one has. I have also already gone through the posts in the “websites of interest” , “music” and “dance “part of this forum.

When I Google Salsa dance blogs or articles I don’t get websites that can even come close to this one. Most of the stuff I have come across has been pro nonstop spinning/turn pattern type stuff (not interested). I have even come across sites that put down live music (WTF - I recently saw Willie Colon perform at the Barclay Center in Brklyn and he was amazing!).

Can anyone point me in the direction of another forum or website/sites that have the type of Salsa dance/music information that this one has? Looking for something to read on my downtime at work and right now I am addicted passionate about all things Salsa related.

Thanks in advance

DJ Yuca

Son Montuno
Can anyone point me in the direction of another forum or website/sites that have the type of Salsa dance/music information that this one has? Looking for something to read on my downtime at work and right now I am addicted passionate about all things Salsa related.
This is it, so enjoy.

However if you want to go to the roots, try Unlocking Clave on Facebook.

Hello everybody –

I have finally read all the old posts (of interest) on this forum starting from the beginning. I have to say it was eye opening. I am very grateful that this was the first website on Salsa that I visited. You guys have been amazing with the amount of good info and insights I have found here. As a result, I have been saved from becoming a pattern monkey as the school I take lessons at right now is a drop-in pattern of the week type school. It’s the only one I can take lessons at now due to scheduling issues.

But now that I am caught up on the threads, I don’t know any other websites that have the type of info this one has. I have also already gone through the posts in the “websites of interest” , “music” and “dance “part of this forum.

When I Google Salsa dance blogs or articles I don’t get websites that can even come close to this one. Most of the stuff I have come across has been pro nonstop spinning/turn pattern type stuff (not interested). I have even come across sites that put down live music (WTF - I recently saw Willie Colon perform at the Barclay Center in Brklyn and he was amazing!).

Thanks in advance

You actually read ALL the posts that related to your interest.. wow, what a mammoth task tha was !
Anyway, as to teachers, I gather you are in the NYC area, and if that be the case, you have a wide choice of teachers .
Buena suerte .

Terrence – Gracias. I have been lurking and learning from this site on my downtime at work for about 4 months now. It’s been an eye opening experience – to say the least (loved the sabor thread BTW).
I have learned so much from you guys/gals and the info on this site has definitely shaped the way I approach my Salsa journey, thanks to knowledgeable people like you, Borikensalsero, Azzey, Richie Blondet, Sabrosura, Timbermayor, DJ Ara and others.

I am a beginner dancer who loves the music with an insatiable appetite for all things Salsa related. I have not found anything even remotely like this site on the internet.

I am going to my first Salsa Congress at the end of August (NY). Based on everything I have read here about congresses, it should be interesting.

Thx

Dance Ads