What I'm listening to right now...

Cuco Valoy.... Solo se que tiene
Willie Crespo....AyAy Amor

For the "traditonalists"....

Guarachando en la Solar..."Soy Campesino " Charanga

Cheo Rosario "El vive bien del barrio"....Guaguanco
Willie Crespo - I only knew about his album from 2016! His older work sounds so much more to my liking!

Guarachando en la Solar - never heard of them, nor can I find much on the net. (Which is a shame. as I like Charangas).
*is 'Soy Campesino' the same song as Benny More's?

Guarachando en la Solar - never heard of them, nor can I find much on the net. (Which is a shame. as I like Charangas).

*is 'Soy Campesino' the same song as Benny More's?
Will check out the sleeve for more info

SC is the same song..

here are some more (from my morn listen to )...

Kiki Harvey.. Que bella Son
Conjunto Criollo...La Romana
Charlie Donato...Abriele camino Son
Jimmy le M.... Montuneate

Will check out the sleeve for more info

SC is the same song..

here are some more (from my morn listen to )...

Kiki Harvey.. Que bella Son
Conjunto Criollo...La Romana
Charlie Donato...Abriele camino Son
Jimmy le M.... Montuneate
1, 3 - couldn't find.

2 - Could find other songs by them. Mainly Guajiras! I liked them a lot. Most wouldn't be played in the venues around here. (with one exception- the 'Kova' line).

4 - Listened to the entire album (with the exception of a few annoying parts) with pleasure. :) (*even "Walk into the light", despite it being in English).
This album's type of songs is actually well-represented here.

Last edited:
Can't get enough of this!! Memories of PISC 2017
Just caught sight of this post...

I was in Orlando judging a dance comp. and in the lunch break went to the restaurant ( public one ). Was with a fellow judge chatting away when the table next to us became occupied. Didn't pay much attention until the people below in the shopping area kept looking up to where we sitting . I then noticed right next to me was Jose !. He suddenly went into song mode and gave a mini recital . Best lunch I ever had !!

Sweetness!!!:):D:dancingbanana: Big ups to DJ Ricardo Linell from Portland Oregon who played this at our Mambo Pica Pica social last night
I don't know of any other place on earth that has so many awesome songs dedicated to it like Puerto Rico.

Dance Ads