The bizarre phenomenon of the handkerchief jutting out from the back trouser pocket

The " handkerchief " thing, has been in existence BEFORE salsa/ mambo was invented.
Dancers ( male ) in the B.room world, (those that cared), always used a "H/chief" in their right hand, to prevent sweat ,from going onto the ladies dress. Many tucked it into the sleeve of their jacket ,for easy access .

vit

Son Montuno
Well obviously handkerchiefs have been in use for a long time. But we are talking about those jutting out from the back trouser pocket

The " handkerchief " thing, has been in existence BEFORE salsa/ mambo was invented.
Dancers ( male ) in the B.room world, (those that cared), always used a "H/chief" in their right hand, to prevent sweat ,from going onto the ladies dress. Many tucked it into the sleeve of their jacket ,for easy access .
I think I'll start tucking one way down into my cleavage for easy access.

When I am at congress, I usually grab one of the smaller white towels from the room, before going down dancing. If the towel is too long, I place it on a object some where in the dance room. Usually the towels are small enough that I can tuck them in my back pocket partially. If you try to tuck all of it in your front or back pocket it bulges up your pockets and it isn't a pleasant feeling.

Very practical use. I don't think I have seen anyone use it for a fashion statement.

Why was the OP ridiculing the idea of having towel hanging off your back pocket again?

When I am at congress, I usually grab one of the smaller white towels from the room, before going down dancing. If the towel is too long, I place it on a object some where in the dance room. Usually the towels are small enough that I can tuck them in my back pocket partially. If you try to tuck all of it in your front or back pocket it bulges up your pockets and it isn't a pleasant feeling.

Very practical use. I don't think I have seen anyone use it for a fashion statement.

Why was the OP ridiculing the idea of having towel hanging off your back pocket again?
I do exactly the same thing!!!

I'd like to necro-bump this old thread by recommending these small towels I've bought to good use. Not an affiliated link, don't worry.

http://www.amazon.com/PackTowl-0606...=1462946556&sr=8-1&keywords=packtowl+personal

Reasons I like them:
A. Discrete. Just 10x14 inches, and very thin, so fold up nice and small to be barely noticeable in the front or back pocket.
B. Absorbent. Not just regular terry cloth, this is a microfiber mix. Also allows it to be thinner.
C. Not white. jejeje.

Dance Ads