Salsa shine dvd

Hello!

I'm a male dancing salsa for about 1 year. I have been looking for some dvds to practice shines. I'm dancing salsa on1 and I do prefer some dvd with LA flavour, does anyone know any good dvds?
Are edie the salsa freak good?

the_joker

Do you live in LA?

I have seen a few of her dvds and they are hit or miss. I haven't seen the shine dvd though.

I would suggest looking at youtube or IG for the LA, SF, SD, and Portland salsa fest/congress.

Do you live in LA?

I have seen a few of her dvds and they are hit or miss. I haven't seen the shine dvd though.

I would suggest looking at youtube or IG for the LA, SF, SD, and Portland salsa fest/congress.
Actually I am living in Europe. But here people are dancing la-style or cuban. That's why I am looking for La-style dvds.
Do you suggest any other dvds or videos? I am just starting to implement shines to my dancing.

Last edited:
I do like the style of the Vazquez brothers or Al espinoza. I don't know a lot of performers actually.
I'll try to get the edie dvd with al espinoza.
Respectfully, I can't think of any people that I'd like to dance like less than the folks you mentioned. To each their own.

Jag75

Son Montuno
If you want to see amazing shines, check out artists like Adolfo Indacochea or Eddie Torres and Eddie Torres Jr, as well as Marco Ferrigno, Shani Talmor, Magna Gopal, etc.

IMHO New York dancers are the sh*t when it comes to shines.

The artists you mentioned are very old-school, and the shines are a bit unrefined and outdated. Just my opinion.

Jag75

Son Montuno
Also - make sure you master basic shines first - such as the suzi-q, tap-side-change, crossovers, etc. Get a strong foundation before venturing into more complex shines - see if there are classes near where you live that teach such - you'll get far more out of those than any DVD, in the early stages of your dancing.

Also - make sure you master basic shines first - such as the suzi-q, tap-side-change, crossovers, etc. Get a strong foundation before venturing into more complex shines - see if there are classes near where you live that teach such - you'll get far more out of those than any DVD, in the early stages of your dancing.
Thank you for the tips. I was searching for the dvd since I can find only group classes that do 30min shines and then 1h partnerwork. And these are not near so i need to drive 1h.
(I don't want to use dvds instead of going to classes but to complement classes)

As for dvds do you know any good ones?

Dance Ads