Salsa de la Mata! - The Ustream Show

Which kind of Salsa would you prefer to listen in "Salsa De La Mata!"

• Total voters
so, this is it. premiere show tomorrow wednesday 7pm Atlantic Time, 6pm Eastern Time, 5pm Central Time.

please join us at ustream.tv/user/abayardepr (Show name: Octava94) and locally in Puerto Rico (Octava 94, 94.3 FM [Santa Juanita, Bayamón]).

this will be mostly a 2 or 3 hour sound check test with mucha salsa... :cool:

Attachments

yes, i'll record them. during tests wasn't able to get video because bandwidth limitations (I guess). hope to be able to fix this as I get more experience on this. will work also on a schedule. thanks for your help and support... :cool:

yes, i'll record them. during tests wasn't able to get video because bandwidth limitations (I guess). hope to be able to fix this as I get more experience on this. will work also on a schedule. thanks for your help and support... :cool:
Jose go to speedtest.com to see what speeds you have available and post it here to compare with others. Lets see if that is the problem. I am pretty sure you can record audio only if you are not able to do video.

Jose go to speedtest.com to see what speeds you have available and post it here to compare with others. Lets see if that is the problem. I am pretty sure you can record audio only if you are not able to do video.
Chrome and Adobe Flash has their issues with iSight; They don't like each other. After two hours and lots of google research later, solved this by simply switching to Firefox.

actual dbx compressor has a locally installed dual RCA output that can be also connected to the iMac. let's see how it sounds. worst scenario is doing the show with the built-in mic as tested.

Thanks again for your helpful advices...

Jose trust me the built in mic will not sound better than if you connect the mixer directly into the computer. When I did my show I used both and getting the sound directly from the mixer will be much much better. If you are going to start, start the best way you can to make a good impression sound wise since day one so those who listen come back for more. You might loose some if the sound is bad. Just saying from my experiences. LOL.....

Jose trust me the built in mic will not sound better than if you connect the mixer directly into the computer. When I did my show I used both and getting the sound directly from the mixer will be much much better. If you are going to start, start the best way you can to make a good impression sound wise since day one so those who listen come back for more. You might loose some if the sound is bad. Just saying from my experiences. LOL.....
i'll take the advice, believe me... :cool:

Abayarde, this is great! I hope to catch the first hour tonight before heading out. Will you publish a play list here after the show?

chrisk

Super Moderator
Staff member
The show seems to have just started. Just tuned in and listen to some nice hot salsa! Keep it like that, Abayarde!

Octava 94.3FM Santa Juanita, Bayamón, Puerto Rico
Octava 94 - The Ustream Show
February 9. 2011 - 7-10pm Atlantic Time

1- Las Caras Lindas - Ismael Rivera (1978 )
2- Decidete - Conjunto Libre
3- El Niche - Moncho Rivera (2008 )
4- Puerto Rico Tiene Un Son - Hommy Sanz (1969?)
5- Orquesta Experimental - El Diferente (1997)
6- Descargarama - Jimmy Bosch (1998 )
7- Mi Guajira - Kako's New York After Hour Orchestra (1965)
8- Dama, Dama - El Gran Combo De Puerto Rico (1973)
9- La Naturaleza - Agustin Arce (1971-2?)
10- Lázaro y su Micrófono - Eddie Palmieri (2003) - La Perfecta II
11- Cui Cui - Andy Montañez (1984)
12- Salsa Mix November 2009 - DJ Freddy [DLG, Niche, Andy Montañez & El Gran Combo]
13- Tu Guarachita - George Delgado (2004)
14- El Menú - Sonora Ponceña (2010)
15- Fantasía Borinqueña - Ricardo Ray [En Vivo] (2006)
16- Ella Tiene Algo Que No Se - Juan Formell y su Van Van (1997)
17- Que Lio (Willie Colón & Héctor Lavoe) (1968 )
18- Lindo, Lindo - Orlando Collado (1994)
19- Historia Entre Tus Dedos - Mickey Taveras
20- Sonero Del Barrio - Héctor Lavoe & Orq. Bobby Rodriguez [Live 1986 at El Corso NY]
20- Cartas Marcadas - Willie Colón & Ismael Miranda (1980)
21- Que Tiene Ella - Mimi Ibarra (1995)
22- Pa' Los Treseros - Nelson González (2001)
23- Me Quieres O No Me Quieres - Tito Puente Singing Vicentico Valdes (1963)
24- Vámonos De Aqui - Louie Ramirez Singing Ray De La Paz (1984)
25- Campesino - Orquesta Dee Jay Singing Rafael De Jesús (1970)
26- Patria - Rubén Blades y Son Del Solar [En Vivo 2010]
27- Pa' Los Rumberos - Conjunto Clásico con Daniel Santos (1985)
28- Saragüey Santoja - Ángel Canales (1981)

Dance Ads