Salsa Crushes

I do not want to break somebody's heart. I know how it can be painful and I do not want another person to experience that. It will not bring me happiness as well as it will not raise my self-confidence.

Yep seen that happen a few times! There are many reasons your best friend can turn out to be your best partner in life. It also leads to some of the best relationships. A lot better than searching for a partner who can become best friend.

I have known a few girls who had genuinely nice, successful, responsible, caring, tall, good looking guys as best friends. The guys were interested to go beyond friendship. Continued to be best friend when turned down. Everyone on the outside wondered what was wrong with the girls. Eventually the guys found someone else and settled down.
Despite popular notions involving the 'friend zone', it's not impossible to go from friends to a relationship. I've only had two salsa girlfriends, and both were 'just friends' for about 4 years first. Guess I wouldn't be much of a player.:p

What gets me about women complaining that 'salsa guys aren't serious', is that, to those of us who've been around the scene a bit, it's REALLY obvious which guys are players; and that they're a small minority. I'd expect that most women over the age of 21 would also be able to detect these guys within seconds.

it's REALLY obvious which guys are players; and that they're a small minority. I'd expect that most women over the age of 21 would also be able to detect these guys within seconds.
Some of them are quite good in deception. :) It is not so obvious. I can detect a bad player but I cannot detect a good one.

Despite popular notions involving the 'friend zone', it's not impossible to go from friends to a relationship. I've only had two salsa girlfriends, and both were 'just friends' for about 4 years first. Guess I wouldn't be much of a player.:p
I can't see you as a player even in wildest dreams :D

On the 'friend zone' it depends on whether it is mutual or one way. For me, its either friendship or not. It can't be both a friendship and non-platonic interest.

I can't see you as a player even in wildest dreams :D

On the 'friend zone' it depends on whether it is mutual or one way. For me, its either friendship or not. It can't be both a friendship and non-platonic interest.
That's true. I think the case where it can lead to something more is when both are interested, but neither is aggressive or sure enough. Could be the case with two introverts. Come to think of it, lots of dancers are introverts.:rolleyes:

Dance Ads