Salsa City Guides - list of "where to dance in xxx" threads

Re: CI Janet

Actually the best place in Puerto Rico is the lobby - and I mean lobby! - of the Marriot Hotel in San Juan. As you go past reception, you see the bar ahead and the band on the left, with a dance floor in front. This is the tourist precinct. On the right side of the bar is a second dance floor, and that's where the locals hang out and dance. It's all free and these people can really dance, even the boys who look like they're 12. What's nice is that they turn up wearing anything, clothes and shoes-wise, and then show you how it's done. These people can also tell you what's going on elsewhere. The dancing spills out to reception and all over the lobby on a good night. PR is fairly on2 (NY connection) but many top leaders can effortlessly flip. The best aspect of Puerto Rico is the fabulous live salsa bands - enjoy!
You mean the Courtyard Marriot in Isla Verde right?

MacMoto

Administrator
Staff member
NOTE:
- This sticky is intended as a portal for finding existing Salsa Forums threads about where to dance salsa in specific cities. If you know a thread about a city not yet listed here, post its link to this thread and I'll add it to the main list.

- If you want to post a list of places to dance in your city, post it in the Clubs In Your Area thread or start a new thread.

- If you want to post a link to a website that provides events/clubs info for your area, post it in the Websites of Interest section. Please note that only active members of the Salsa Forums are permitted to post in this section. See the Forums Advertising Guidelines for more information.

Last edited:

SalsaForums Staff

Administrator
Staff member
How this thread works:
- This sticky is intended as a portal for finding existing Salsa Forums threads about where to dance salsa in specific cities. If you know of a thread about a city, post its link to this thread and I'll add it to the above list.

- If you want to post a list of places to dance in your city, post it in the Clubs In Your Area thread or start a new thread.

- If you want to post a link to a website that provides events/clubs info for your area, post it in the Websites of Interest section. Please note that only active members of the Salsa Forums are permitted to post in this section. See the Forums Advertising Guidelines for more information.

Posts that do not follow the above instructions will be deleted.

What about St. Louis, MO? Only club I know of is Club Viva and the place is a straight up dump, and they allow smoking inside. Anyone know of any other places in St. Louis to salsa that perhaps isn't a smoking club?

Dance Ads