Random Thoughts

Hadn’t heard about it...do you mean the Stanton trade?
Yep, plus several others under consideration . Apparently, they were under financed when purchasing the franchise and are having to sell to meet current expenses . I guess when you have a "star " as an owner , they seem to get a pass.

Oh! Derek Jeter scandal! As much as he earned, I never could quite understand how a player could afford to become an owner.

Most franchise's are around 800mil minimum so there are partners .

Funny thing is, they did the same thing a few years back and finished winning a W.Series !

It is very annoying for me when a photographer invades in my special dancing moment. I hate it. I noticed that photographers always make photos of me and one particular leader. They are probably following him.o_O

azana

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was at the supermarket in Santa Cruz (eastern Bolivia) buying some snacks and drinks, including a bottle of beer as I’ve been trying the different local varieties. The checkout guy stopped. “You’re only buying one bottle of beer?”he asked. “Are you sure? Just one?” The lady in the line behind me added “Yeah, and it’s just a small one, too!” I had to assure them that I did indeed only want one bottle!

btw so far I lke the Pacena the best :)

azana

Super Moderator
Staff member
No, Mick Fanning! Well, Bells is going to be annoyingly packed this Easter, with people and media wanting to watch his final event. In a normal year, the Fanning t-shirts are the first to sell out.

I’m going to have to find a new favorite surfer... :(

Elevators are expensive o_O... about to sign a contract to have one installed in my house in Cali Colombia. One can nearly buy an apartment in a building with an elevator for that price..... but... in an apt building I would not have a private jacuzzi on the roof terrace to take the elevator to ;).

and here I am, digging my way to the kerb
Elevators are expensive o_O... about to sign a contract to have one installed in my house in Cali Colombia.

but... in an apt building I would not have a private jacuzzi on the roof terrace to take the elevator to ;)

Just another ho hum day in paradise.. :D.. And here I am, digging may way out of my front door and path to the kerb, thru 2 feet of snow !!. It's finally beginning to melt .

Elevators are expensive o_O... about to sign a contract to have one installed in my house in Cali Colombia. One can nearly buy an apartment in a building with an elevator for that price..... but... in an apt building I would not have a private jacuzzi on the roof terrace to take the elevator to ;).
Kicked off the elevator project today. So I went with the contractor to several supply companies so I could pay for the materials with my credit card rather than draw cash from an ATM, pay it iinto the contractor's account and then he draws the funds back out to pay the distributor in cash.
Steel supply companies are fascinating places. People really get into I-beams (they are called H vigas in Spanish), angulos and lamina.
Then onto the elevator parts distributor and they are really into motors, brakes, controls and all kinds of electronic gear.
There is a geek or nerd for every thing there is ;).

azana

Super Moderator
Staff member
Easter... Melbourne Latin Festival or Rip Curl Pro Bells Beach. I can only have one wristband. Uninspiring, cliquey local scene or pumping swell and Mick Fanning’s last event...

I decided on the white wristband :)

Regular social dancing in Tokyo in a few months will be better than a Congress here.

azana

Super Moderator
Staff member
I picked up my mum to take her shopping this morning...

Mum: “What are you doing tomorrow?”
Me: “I’ll drive down to Torquay before dawn to catch the finals at Bells Beach. Are you doing anything?”
Mum: “I’m going to a talk on dementia. But I probably won’t remember any of it.”

I picked up my mum to take her shopping this morning...

Mum: “What are you doing tomorrow?”
Me: “I’ll drive down to Torquay before dawn to catch the finals at Bells Beach. Are you doing anything?”

Mum: “I’m going to a talk on dementia. But I probably won’t remember any of it.”

LOL ....

Dance Ads