Is Kizomba just dry humping?

Actually, theres hardly any contact, its just an illusion. I think its better than bachata.
It's similar to Bachata in the sense that sometimes there is just the illusion of contact and other times there is a lot of actual contact. Just depends on what the dancers are personally comfortable with.

DJ Ara

Son Montuno
It's similar to Bachata in the sense that sometimes there is just the illusion of contact and other times there is a lot of actual contact. Just depends on what the dancers are personally comfortable with.
Which does not make it that different from what one can do during salsa dancing! ;)

There's more to it than simply dry humping.

It's actually dry humping whilst falling asleep, accompanied by a poor quality version of poor quality music.
It does seem like most of the Kizomba leads I've spoken to at congresses have a story about their follow falling asleep during a dance. It's a badge of honour if they can keep them asleep for the whole song.

People who dance kizomba are more into the sensual aspect of it and not really the music I think.
People also hook up way more often in the kizomba scene than in the salsa scene.

DJ Ara

Son Montuno
People who dance kizomba are more into the sensual aspect of it and not really the music I think.
People also hook up way more often in the kizomba scene than in the salsa scene.
No so long ago, people had little problem hooking up in salsa clubs, at least in London. People would dance very close if they so wished and not so close, if they did not!

Of course, this was before the days of the pattern monkeys and their incredible abitlity to turn a rich musical and sensual dance genre into "modern robotics"!

No so long ago, people had little problem hooking up in salsa clubs, at least in London. People would dance very close if they so wished and not so close, if they did not!

Of course, this was before the days of the pattern monkeys and their incredible abitlity to turn a rich musical and sensual dance genre into "modern robotics"!
Well most salsa music wouldn´t make me wanna dance as close as for example bachata (or kizomba but I dont dance that), except salsa romantica.

Ironically I think the pattern monkeys are the ones that do get to "hook up" these days as they've passed the "creep test" from the women in that they're actually there to dance and have fun as opposed to intentionally trying to hook up....then again most men in the beginning come to salsa to get women, lol.

DJ Ara

Son Montuno
Ironically I think the pattern monkeys are the ones that do get to "hook up" these days as they've passed the "creep test" from the women in that they're actually there to dance and have fun as opposed to intentionally trying to hook up....then again most men in the beginning come to salsa to get women, lol.
I agree, but I don't think that the sex will that good for the women at least.

I mean, imagine any poor woman being turned and made to change positions by the man around 75 times during a single session of love making! :D

Dance Ads