How to avoid or reduce getting sweat at dancing

i actually get really sweaty when i go dancing and although it seems counterintuitive wearing a blazer helps out a lot. it keeps the ladies from feeling my sweat and as long as you aren't dancing every song it should be fine.

At the moment I'm a "five t-shirts a night" guy. Relaxing seems to help, but if I dance two or more songs in a row I'm guaranteed to be literally dripping. Not everyone seems to mind sweat, but when I notice the ladies being reluctant to touch me I'll sit out a few dances, stand outside for a while, change my t-shirt, and put some deodorant on if needed.

The best nights are actually when the venue is a total sweat box and everyone is sweating. Nobody cares and I just feel like a normal person, ha.

I have made great experience with "T-shirt and vest".

Take a bunch of T-shirts with good soaking capabilities which still feel good while being a bit wet. No sweaty plastic stuff, cotton is good. They don't need to look that great on their own, as most of them is hidden anyway.
Then put a classical vest over it.

The vest looks better than the t-shirt and the overall climatization (and mobility) is still better than in many button shirts. (Not to speak of whole blazers.) The front side of the vest is close to impervious for the sweat, the backside gets sweaty over time, once the underlying shirt is full but due to it's fabric does not actively soak the sweat out of it.
Whenever you feel too sweaty underneath (which, depending on the fabric and the heat of the dance can be irrelevant) or the back side is too wet change the t-shirt.
At least my black vest does not change the color the smallest bit. Just do not lead a lot of moves, where to follow has to touch your back.

Depending on the night i, when wearing this combo, change the shirt 1-3 times. T-shirts are cheap and it does not matter that much if they were transported unfriendly or are worn down a bit, the vest hides the most problematic areas. Often times i start the night with nice a button shirt underneath. When around midnight the floor gets hotter and all those nice outfits have their first scars i change to T-shirt, clean myself up a bit at this chance and restart greatly refreshed.

I don't know how you guys manage to wear full length pants, t-shirt/button down shirt and a full blazer without literally dying of heat! Depends on the room temperature of course, but during the summer that's simply intolerable to me. I even resorted to wearing (as nice as possible looking) shorts in Sibenik this summer, even at night the temp was too high for me...

Just went to Zara. They had a lot of different linen, linen/cotton blend shirts. Go grab them.

And a question. I was considering buying a size larger shirt. It won't look so good, but might be cooler. What do you think?

Just went to Zara. They had a lot of different linen, linen/cotton blend shirts. Go grab them.

And a question. I was considering buying a size larger shirt. It won't look so good, but might be cooler. What do you think?
I have tried, Zara, Uniqlo, Gucci, and myriad other brands of linen, cotton, blended linen/cotton, cotton/silk, etc.

I have finally settled on Bamboo. It is soft like silk, doesn't crumple like cotton and has wicking properties unlike cotton. All my undershirts when going dancing are bamboo based. Ditto with the socks.

I have finally settled on Bamboo. It is soft like silk, doesn't crumple like cotton and has wicking properties unlike cotton. All my undershirts when going dancing are bamboo based. Ditto with the socks.
I use bamboo or linen socks as well. Much better than cotton. I have not seen a variety of bamboo shirts. Are these in sports/outdoors stores?

I use bamboo or linen socks as well. Much better than cotton. I have not seen a variety of bamboo shirts. Are these in sports/outdoors stores?
They are difficult to come by in brick and motor stores. I been looking but finally found good options on Amazon. My suggestion would be to look online. At least here in USA there is a good choice of Bamboo athletic wear.

Has anyone ever tried acclimatising their body to heat with daily sauna sessions?
You are better of living in tropics to get acclimatized. Having lived in hot climates, I am not sure you can acclimatize to temps above 35 degrees centigrade. You can tolerate them but never feel comfortable :)

You are better of living in tropics to get acclimatized. Having lived in hot climates, I am not sure you can acclimatize to temps above 35 degrees centigrade. You can tolerate them but never feel comfortable :)
Much as I love salsa, I don't think I'll be relocating to the tropics for this reason! I was wondering because the sauna is just across the road and included in my gym membership.

That ain't healthy. I'm saying this coming from country with huge sauna culture.
That surprises me - there are loads of articles touting health benefits, from sources I'd tust to do proper research. Having read into it now anyway, it seems the results would probably be more sweat, not less, so it's a dead end.

That surprises me - there are loads of articles touting health benefits, from sources I'd trust to do proper research. Having read into it now anyway, it seems the results would probably be more sweat, not less, so it's a dead end.
Just be careful. 15 minutes several times a week will be good for you. And I have no idea if that has some permanent effect on sweating. Sweating is good. I don't think we should restrict sweating in dance. Just find good ways how to manage it.

They are difficult to come by in brick and motor stores. I been looking but finally found good options on Amazon. My suggestion would be to look online. At least here in USA there is a good choice of Bamboo athletic wear.
Can you post some links? I prefer closer to a slim fit rather than wide guayabera type shirts.

Well sweating is a natural part of you body when you are physical active you sweat. Dancing is a physical activity and as much as you try to stop it, you have no control - this is the first thing you have to accept and those that dance with you have to accept. You can minimize the way the sweat displays by wearing active wear sweat wicking shirts, these are sports shirts and you can change during an event. But here it is for all those women who say well I cannot dance with the guy or have finger tip dancing with you. If you are not accepting that dancing is a physical active and your partners are going to sweat and are going to be wet and that you cannot deal with sweaty guys. Please do not go dancing - because it is the worst thing for someone trying to dance with someone who is dancing finger tips and sensitive to sweating. Get with it! It is a sweaty affair when you dance and accept it.

I like to wear a light hoodie over a t-shirt when i dance so that the t-shirt absorbs the perspiration and my partner doesn't feel it as much when we are contact. Of course people think I am crazy and that I must be overheating, but my body simply got used to wearing more layers.

One aspect of sweating is the thread count (or thread density) of the clothing. If its dense and feels heavy one will sweat more, regardless of the material. For example a superlightweight synthetic will cause less sweating than a regular cotton t-shirt. My preference are blends of 90+% cotton with something stretchy that makes it extremely lightweight or 100% cotton that is so lightweight it is almost transparent. No sweating at all when I wear those.

Dance Ads