How to avoid or reduce getting sweat at dancing

I guess you are special. I'm in the playground right now. Doing pull-ups, pushups, all the regular exercises. Couple months ago same volume made me sweat, now it does not. Weather got warmer.

From article you linked to:

Yet when they worked out at the same absolute levels, regardless of personal ability, they sweat the same, which suggests that the athletes only sweat more because they exercised harder. Put this together with the other study and it looks like athletes generally sweat like everyone else but may sweat more if their sweat rate is pushed to its maximum (as it was with the chemicals).

Read more: http://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/health/do-athletes-sweat-more-20140507#ixzz3atQoWDcO

Do you have any citations to back this up? Sounds pretty much against what I know from anatomy classes and common sense. Better trained muscles require less energy for same movements and thus dissipate less heat. Also better trained movements are more efficient, thus require less muscle work, thus less energy..

@Resides, depending on climate 2 miles relaxed running should not get you sweaty. 8 quarter mile sprints, maybe. That's just not big enough work for heart to start working.

On the other side, I can dance one super slow dance with most beautiful girl and soak from sweat - go figure :)
True. The key word is 'should'. The reality is that most people have poor aerobic capacity and are carrying extra pounds...thus they do sweat.

Absolute baloney.

Not sure what sports you participate in.

Fat out of shape people sweat buckets compared to fit lean people.
Yes they do also but so do people with the fitness level of an athlete. I am a certified personal trainer and I have had experience with this. I have trained in many sports. Very fit peoples bodies work more efficiently so they sweat sooner and more..it is not baloney. I am talking about during work outs not daily activities.

I guess you are special. I'm in the playground right now. Doing pull-ups, pushups, all the regular exercises. Couple months ago same volume made me sweat, now it does not. Weather got warmer.

From article you linked to:

Yet when they worked out at the same absolute levels, regardless of personal ability, they sweat the same, which suggests that the athletes only sweat more because they exercised harder. Put this together with the other study and it looks like athletes generally sweat like everyone else but may sweat more if their sweat rate is pushed to its maximum (as it was with the chemicals).
Yes but before that it stated:
"They found that long-distance runners began sweating faster and sweat more per gland."
Obviously long distance runners are extremely fit. [/QUOTE]

vit

Son Montuno
Yes they do also but so do people with the fitness level of an athlete. I am a certified personal trainer and I have had experience with this. I have trained in many sports. Very fit peoples bodies work more efficiently so they sweat sooner and more..it is not baloney. I am talking about during work outs not daily activities.
There could be some differences due to the fact that dancing involves the partner (compared to individual sports). Lighter people generally move easier (at least my experience with followers), so heavier people do need more energy when dancing with "average partner" to match their movement. And there could be some other explanations, why different members have different opinions / experiences

Not trying to claim anything - I didn't pay much attention to how much my partners are sweating, as this depends on many things (from body type, to involvement in dancing, style, clothes, number of dances, drinking during dancing etc), so hard to make big conclusions based on limited "sample" of people

No, Everyone I have talked to about this from competitive bodybuilders to football players say the same thing. The fitter they are the more they sweat during workouts..But if you don't thats fine.
Now let's get back to dancing. In workout you're trying to maximize effort. In couple dancing if you want to minimize dripping you reduce effort. If one is capable of more effort at the same sweat drippage, they will drip less at smaller volumes of spins and cross body leads. Dancing can be workout, it can generate tremendous amounts of body heat. But it doesn't have to. How? That's what this thread is about.

There could be some differences due to the fact that dancing involves the partner (compared to individual sports). Lighter people generally move easier (at least my experience with followers), so heavier people do need more energy when dancing with "average partner" to match their movement. And there could be some other explanations, why different members have different opinions / experiences

Not trying to claim anything - I didn't pay much attention to how much my partners are sweating, as this depends on many things (from body type, to involvement in dancing, style, clothes, number of dances etc), so hard to make big conclusions based on limited "sample" of people
Very true...Take my BF/partner...even though he is in shape it takes a lot for him to perspire, even a little bit. He can have a sports coat on and barely break a sweat. Drives me crazy:p Some people have more sweat glands than others.

Absolute baloney.

Not sure what sports you participate in.

Fat out of shape people sweat buckets compared to fit lean people.
The operative word here is 'fat.' Fat people certainly will sweat more profusely as they are naturally more insulated and have to work harder to shed the heat. Literally the more mass you have, the more you'll sweat.

Want to see people who really sweat? Check out Olympia level bodybuilders posing down. They will sweat their guts out at 5/6^ bodyfat.

However it's really not all that simple.

There's evidence to show that fitter people sweat more, and more efficiently.
There's evidence that shows relatively heavier people sweat more.
There's evidence that fit people may sweat less at fixed, high temperatures, possible because their circulation is more effective.
There's even more evidence, however, that it varies person to person, so some folks are going to sweat no matter how fit and strong, or vice versa they are.

It's certainly not something you can fat shame folks with though.

That's it. Back to dancing :)

Btw. Fitter people often spend more energy and sweat more in salsa, just because they can. Unfit just would not be able to dance like this.
Yes, my girlfriend and I go to a club (rock)and dance every dance of a set...often at an insane pace once we get into it. There is no way we need a break for a breather...the opposite...once we get going we don't want to stop.

She has been a dancer all of her life. Part of it as a ballet dancer in her Budapest ensemble. She spends more time working out off the dance floor than on it.

Many dancers are not in good physical condition. They have an economy of movement and confuse this with being in shape. They would have a hard time running the two miles or sprinting up 10 flights of stairs.

Advertisement. Buy this season many and wear them t-shirts. Different colors. Zara also have some good ones, but 3times more expensive.
http://m.hm.com/us/product/25606?article=25606-D
It's not rough as usual linen, it's very very thin, it does not stick. Seriously try it out and then tell me how you sweat in it.

Now I'm putting on one and going to dance. Don't know about you guy's but it's Friday night here.

And you all are invited to our first open air this year. Recommendation is to dress warm :D world famous salsa parties happen there.

https://m.facebook.com/events/1449807641983849

Yes, my girlfriend and I go to a club (rock)and dance every dance of a set...often at an insane pace once we get into it. There is no way we need a break for a breather...the opposite...once we get going we don't want to stop.

She has been a dancer all of her life. Part of it as a ballet dancer in her Budapest ensemble. She spends more time working out off the dance floor than on it.

Many dancers are not in good physical condition. They have an economy of movement and confuse this with being in shape. They would have a hard time running the two miles or sprinting up 10 flights of stairs.
But don't you live in Canada?

It is cold in Canada... Of course you don't sweat as much...

When it comes to being in a crowded venue with weak a/c in the hot desert summer it isn't going to matter how fit you are, you are going to be sweating whether you dance or sit at the bar sipping a martini or whatever you Canadians drink.

What linen shirts do you recommend that are fairly slim fit and do not look odd?
I've had a success last years in H&M and Zara; when I find shirts that I like, I buy them all, because next year there might not be such choice. Also I buy them in all countries I visit.

I've had a success last years in H&M and Zara; when I find shirts that I like, I buy them all, because next year there might not be such choice. Also I buy them in all countries I visit.
Agree with Zara. Don't shop at H&M (don't like there stuff). Other one which makes good fitting 100% cotton (which what linen is) is Uniqlo, the Japanese chain (they are now world wide I think). Uniqlo is more affordable than Zara and has faster turn over in styles (both being fast fashion stores). I just drop in once a year and pick up my supplies.

Agree with Zara. Don't shop at H&M (don't like there stuff). Other one which makes good fitting 100% cotton (which what linen is) is Uniqlo, the Japanese chain (they are now world wide I think). Uniqlo is more affordable than Zara and has faster turn over in styles (both being fast fashion stores). I just drop in once a year and pick up my supplies.
Nope, linen is made of flax seeds...
Cotton is a totally different plant with different properties, worse according to Smej for salsa dancing.
http://www.brahmsmount.com/blog/cotton-vs-linen-whats-the-difference/

Dance Ads