Hitting New York...

Because she is a professional teacher and dancer from Cuba she is appointed at the Alvin Ailey Theater in New York as teacher and also at CUNY university. Not someone with a few lessons Jazz, AfroCuban and Flamenco and calling himself or herself "teacher" ....

Saludos,
Arsenio123

Because she is a professional teacher and dancer from Cuba she is appointed at the Alvin Ailey Theater in New York as teacher and also at CUNY university. Not someone with a few lessons Jazz, AfroCuban and Flamenco and calling himself or herself "teacher" ....

Saludos,
Arsenio123
Thanks for the info. She recently taught a 4 week workshop that I wanted to attend in the beginning of the year but I missed it due to illness. Will look her up.

Cant help but ask, what do you mean by; "Not someone with a few lessons Jazz, AfroCuban and Flamenco and calling himself or herself "teacher"

Thanks for the info. She recently taught a 4 week workshop that I wanted to attend in the beginning of the year but I missed it due to illness. Will look her up.

Cant help but ask, what do you mean by; "Not someone with a few lessons Jazz, AfroCuban and Flamenco and calling himself or herself "teacher"
There are to many out there who are not qualified but start teaching. Where I come from to is a free profession, meaning no qualifations on paper are needed. What do you think I have seen.....

A short introduction to Yesenia

Last edited:
There are to many out there who are not qualified but start teaching. .
Agree 100% I myself have fallen victim to this when I didn't know better when I first began taking classes.

Wasted a lot of money in the beginning

This forum has taught me that teaching and dancing well can be mutually exclusive.

Anyone been to the Baile de Melao social? I've only been once and was wondering what it's like as it seems to be the only option on Friday night.

Sorry,

I am out the hustle danced to Latin music, all 'spin robots' dancing the same moves to all kind of different Latin songs/genres/styles. That is also the opinion of Eddie Palmieri!

I prefer the real thing!

saludos,
arsenio123

Sorry,

I am out the hustle danced to Latin music, all 'spin robots' dancing the same moves to all kind of different Latin songs/genres/styles. That is also the opinion of Eddie Palmieri!

I prefer the real thing!
Could you share with us where you go to dance the "real thing"? We have members who would be interested.

Today we go for the real thing in New York, Los Hacheros with Timbalaye:

“Timbalaye, Yo soy la timba Africana/Ritmo Cubano, sabor africano, Timbalaye, I am the African timba/ Cuban rhythm, African flavor.”

The guy dancing in black and white, is Tito Sandoval, a great NY dancer also rumbero, santero, teacher and a dear friend of mine.

Saludos,
Arsenio123

Dance Ads