Guys, What Do You Do When Your Gua Won't Go or Your Ran Kan Can't?

Don't worry guys,we won't get into that. But don't you just hear things in songs that sound like words in English? I swear there is an Africando song where the guy is singing "Talkin' bout my Jelly, my Jelly Doughnut" Am I the only one that hears these things? Anyone else have examples of this phenomenon?

I think you may be experiencing the mishead lyrics phenomenon, if I may call it that. It was happening to me a lot when I was younger and was learning English. I do not really speak Spanish that much, but it happens that I hear something funny like that from time to time in a salsa song :). Maybe my brain associates things that I hear to what it can recognise..

There are bunch of funny examples on YouTube, here's one:

I think you may be experiencing the mishead lyrics phenomenon, if I may call it that. It was happening to me a lot when I was younger and was learning English. I do not really speak Spanish that much, but it happens that I hear something funny like that from time to time in a salsa song :). Maybe my brain associates things that I hear to what it can recognise..

OMG this is so awesome. I am going to do a salsa compilation!!!! Any submissions much appreciated.Thanks Joco!

Whoever made that compilation is clearly NOT a native English speaker. I laughed so hard at some of the lyrics they "heard." Or maybe they were just trying to be funny. Either way, I laughed a lot.

Dance Ads