Favorite guajira-son songs

Perhaps a stupid question, but.....

Would you consider this song a guajira son? The conga and bell patterns as I hear them, are typical of Cha Cha Cha as opposed to son. Granted the singer does say it is Guajira Son ;-)

Would you consider this song a guajira son? The conga and bell patterns as I hear them, are typical of Cha Cha Cha as opposed to son. Granted the singer does say it is Guajira Son ;-)

There is a more dominant " 2 3 4and 1 " Cha cha beat. The Guajira syncop... 1 2 3and 4 is barely audible. I have the same song that IS a guajira .

Here are some oldies..

Orq. Broadway....Quinta guajira
Tommy Olivencia...Los golpes
Kenny Quintero... Guzalo como es
Pete Rodriguez...Aqui estoy

Gotta go teach.. back later

My cuban friend "how the f--- is it a chachachá without the words chachachá?"
Keep in mind chachachá came from son and danzon. The Congo pattern is the same for chachachá and Son. The dancers would start shuffling the feet (to the 4&1) of the Tumbao when the intensity of the song picked up but the tempo stayed the same. someone heard the shuffling and came up with songs about chachachá. it was the cuban "Twist" in a way.
To me this doesn't sound like a guajira son (though since I'm not the musician of the song and I'm white) because of the lack of the guitar pattern characteristic of Guajira and the rural feeling and lyrics.
It's like Miles Davis having a song called "Line dance to my country song".

I considered the melodic style of guajira, not the rhythm, but cha cha is mixed, you are right.

In my case, got to admit sometimes it's kinda difficult to distinguish the difference between Son Montuno, Cha-cha and Guajira, but here it goes (just a few...)

Ay, No - Ray Barreto
Cucarachita, Cucarachón - Roberto Roena y su Apollo Sound
No Le Digan - Pachapo y su Comparsa
Falta - Lebrón Brothers
Yolanda - Tommy Olivencia y su Orquesta
El Diablo - Ray Barreto
El Pájaro y El Cazador - Roberto Roena y su Apollo Sound
Vine Pa' Echar Candela - Ray Barreto
Sabré Olvidar - TNT Band

more Cha-cha than Guajira...
Mayaguez - Meñique & Santitos Colon
La Batea - Tito Rodriguez & Louie Ramirez