El Sol Warsaw Salsa Festival 2017

The band is playing its third song and everyone is in front of stage watching. Almost no dancing. The sound system needs to be tuned. It is not sounding sharp.
Still much much much better compared to the sound of the Cuban hall in the entry floor. :oops:

The bass overpowers everything and I can't really hear the music.

Can’t believe it’s already over! I am in so much pain right now :hungover:

Also did anyone else do Juan Matos’ Cha Cha class? He played a drums-only version of Oye Como Va, does anyone know where to find it?

Tired feet but a happy heart :) Tons of fun was had on the dance floor and in the SalsaForums Whatsapp group and in the SalsaForums Central Airbnb :D

Almost thinking we should publish the Whatsapp group conversation for the benefit of other SFers' entertainment :D

Once we recover from congress we can maybe list some of the key funny moments / conversations :D

Also, shame on @ctcmichael for making zero contact with the SF group during the congress, despite being on the Whatsapp group :p

Last edited:
The whatsapp conversation (which is still ongoing :D) must be many thousands of messages long by now, every time you put the phone away for half an hour you'd come back to 100+ new messages lol :D Some people like UchimaSalsa and owldancer couldn't participate because they were always a few hundred messages behind :D

So maybe we'll post a selection of the best discussions :D

The whatsapp conversation (which is still ongoing :D) must be many thousands of messages long by now, every time you put the phone away for half an hour you'd come back to 100+ new messages lol :D Some people like UchimaSalsa and owldancer couldn't participate because they were always a few hundred messages behind :D

So maybe we'll post a selection of the best discussions :D
Send me zip file of the whole chat. I have time to read it while i heal ;)

Al Israel ended up being an all-talk; only dancing Kizomba with girls!

I, on the other hand, have had the ultimate Bro-dance with a guy who wore a kilt. :cool:
I danced half kizomba. I saw Smejmoon dance 2.5. Al Israel was only dancing bachata, unless he sneaked in Kizomba behind my back. After dancing what she thought was kizomba, Sabro discovered she was sembaing. I never saw DH the whole festival except when we were outside of festival venue. TP2 never left the salsa room. I don't know if ctc really exists. Uchima exists but can only be heard and not seen! TF got consumed by the protests. And a lurker was left sleep deprived by Sabro and DH! So neither of the two danced Kizomba.

:D

Dance Ads