El Sol Warsaw Salsa Festival 2017

I just looked at DJ lineup. DJ Mauri, DJ Willy The Viper, DJ Sezar, DJ Julian The Duke. I really hope they'll upgrade it next year. Looking forward to cry myself to death with urbankiz and ghetto zouk.

What's with these two. They seem to be everywhere and every festival! Is there a lack of DJs in Europe :p
Check the video. :) Basically it matters with whom you drink long time ago, like in politics or any other field where trust is important.

Also, you tend to go to big festivals, that's your preference, that's why you get mainstreamery DJs.

Check the video. :) Basically it matters with whom you drink long time ago, like in politics or any other field where trust is important.

Also, you tend to go to big festivals, that's your preference, that's why you get mainstreamery DJs.
So far of all the European congresses I have been to, the (mostly Romanian) DJs in my hometown's (Brasov) National Congress (2015) have been by far the best. Hopefully they will be the same at the next edition in Jan 2018, to which I am planning to go :)

Haven't been to any international congress since CSSF, so I am really looking forward to next weekend.

Can anyone recommend a good resting routine if I want to do most of the workshops and still dancing through the night? Not a fan of coffee but I can always use redbull as a substitute. ;)
Wait until you go back to work and then rest:p Did you rest at CSSF?
More seriously I usually rest after dinner and skip the shows and a little bit in the morning.
If I party a lot I sacrifice some workshops, even if not sleeping I stay at home. If there is some kizomba, I would dance it more one of the night usually.
I also avoid alcohol. I don't drink coffee either and don't like the taste of those energy drinks.
I think the precongress preparation is also important (gym, sleep , eat well).
This year Warsaw is going to be tough for me as it seems that I won't sleep much this week.
Finally I noticed a trend of bringing masseurs to congresses.

I won't be going to El Sol because I was diagnosed with Deep Vein Thrombosis for the second time in 3 years, so festivals at the moment are out for me. A shame too since El Sol was almost a lock for me this year. Have fun all! Will send positive dance vibes your way :)

I won't be going to El Sol because I was diagnosed with Deep Vein Thrombosis for the second time in 3 years, so festivals at the moment are out for me. A shame too since El Sol was almost a lock for me this year. Have fun all! Will send positive dance vibes your way :)
Oh no :( Sorry to hear :(

I would think that physical activity would help with vein issues rather than the opposite... Since usually it is inactivity (like sitting on a vey long airplane flight) that is a risk factor for DVT. But I guess your doctor knows best.

Oh no :( Sorry to hear :(

I would think that physical activity would help with vein issues rather than the opposite... Since usually it is inactivity (like sitting on a vey long airplane flight) that is a risk factor for DVT. But I guess your doctor knows best.
Thanks. :) Early on in the diagnosis, it is always better to do less physical activity to keep clots from breaking away in the veins. The reason (according to doctors) is that if a blood clot forms in the veins and breaks off, it can travel through the body and move to a crucial organ like the lungs, where if it gets stuck, can cause serious problems. Luckily my blood clots have dissolved, but the whole ordeal has left me a bit weakened and I feel quite gross. I can still dance, but doing marathon sessions is out of the question.

Thanks. :) Early on in the diagnosis, it is always better to do less physical activity to keep clots from breaking away in the veins. The reason (according to doctors) is that if a blood clot forms in the veins and breaks off, it can travel through the body and move to a crucial organ like the lungs, where if it gets stuck, can cause serious problems. Luckily my blood clots have dissolved, but the whole ordeal has left me a bit weakened and I feel quite gross. I can still dance, but doing marathon sessions is out of the question.
Makes sense...Yes you definitely don't want the clots breaking off and travelling to the lungs. :eek:

Looks like it will be a bit rainy on Sat so bring appropriate clothes :) And yeah temperatures will be very low at night, as expected :p

Question: who is staying until Monday? Looking at the workshop schedule, the Cuban workshops (I have a Cuban pass) look really interesting so I won't really be skipping any workshops except the Sunday morning ones. So I'm going to need to use the tie between workshops and parties to nap. (unless our SF Central place turns into "Salsa discussions central" :D as both my SF roommates are lovely, interesting conversationalists :) )

Therefore I'd rather have our SF get together be a late lunch on Monday rather than an (exhausted) dinner on Sat or Sun.

Alternatively, there is workshop lunch break between 2:50-3:50pm on Saturday so we could meet then somewhere near the congress venue for a quick bite/coffee? Does that work?
Then we would know who is who for Sat/Sun night dancing :) (in the rare chance we run into each other among the thousands of people at the parties :p )

Last edited:

Dance Ads