El Sol Warsaw Salsa Festival 2017

After 7 hours of sauna sweating, that sounds like bliss to me, step out in the cool air :p Also the buses are warm, it's the walking that is the problem if the apt is not right by the bus station (can't recall how far the one I booked is). Also there are taxis, with which you probably get less time in the cold air than with the 15 minute walk to the (non-festival) hotels SnowDancer mentioned.

We had -20C in Romania last two winters, so -5C is nothing :p

Also, sorry to be direct but you sound really sensitive for a salsero.. :p I go by the motto, "Neither snow nor rain nor heat will stop this salsera from dancing" :D
LOL I recall one phone conversation a friend of mine had with her cousin from Russian. It went something like:

-"How is the weather there? Here it's 12".
-"Nice! Here too...just...minus".

It was usually a little above freezing. Like 33 F. :) Actually, not even that cold. It's only mid-November.
Usually not, but couple years ago it was very very cold. I remember, because I bought 2 sweaters, hat and gloves that day. :D

But it's usually the chilling wind not temperature. And bus/uber should be fine.

Usually not, but couple years ago it was very very cold. I remember, because I bought 2 sweaters, hat and gloves that day. :D

But it's usually the chilling wind not temperature. And bus/uber should be fine.
Heh, that reminds me of my first festival outside Israel, Berlin Salsa congress in October. I brought only a light fleece and froze all weekend!

Three weeks to go! Guys they are doing social dancing during the day too, from 1-7 PM. Right now it is only Saturday+Sunday which is too bad as Friday would actually be the perfect tine for afternoon dancing. I sent them a Facebook message, help me convince them by bombarding them with requests for dancing on Friday :)

Three weeks to go! Guys they are doing social dancing during the day too, from 1-7 PM. Right now it is only Saturday+Sunday which is too bad as Friday would actually be the perfect tine for afternoon dancing. I sent them a Facebook message, help me convince them by bombarding them with requests for dancing on Friday :)
Yeah but I imagine many people arrive Friday late afternoon/evening so not sure there would be enough for the afternoon dancing on Friday. Some of us work on Fridays you know :p I'm taking Monday off but don't want to use up two vacation days just for one congress. I'm going to a different congress pretty much every week, so at that rate I wouldn't have much holiday left if I used up vacation days for each one :p

If you work in Europe, you have practically unlimited vacation days compared to the US! :dancingbanana:

When I moved to Europe, I was shocked because it appeared like most people were never working! People would take Friday/Monday off to go to festivals every month and could still be able to take longer 1-2 week holidays sometime later during the year! Was totally absurd to me how common it was for people to take so many days off without repercussion. 5-6 weeks vacation AND 10+ public holidays a year... insanity!

If you work in Europe, you have practically unlimited vacation days compared to the US! :dancingbanana:

When I moved to Europe, I was shocked because it appeared like most people were never working! People would take Friday/Monday off to go to festivals every month and could still be able to take longer 1-2 week holidays sometime later during the year! Was totally absurd to me how common it was for people to take so many days off without repercussion. 5-6 weeks vacation AND 10+ public holidays a year... insanity!
That is more healthy than insanity :). Insanity is USA where there are so few vacation days for the most. Traveling from east coast to the west or vice versa easily eats up a day due to time zones.

A friend of mine has a discount code if anyone still wants to buy the pass for El Sol.

I will be at the Amsterdam and then go to Warsaw from there. I haven’t yet decided when to arrive in Warsaw. Last year I took a detour via Budapest (three days). Any suggestion? One alternative I am thinking is hop over to Paris for a couple of days.

A friend of mine has a discount code if anyone still wants to buy the pass for El Sol.

I will be at the Amsterdam and then go to Warsaw from there. I haven’t yet decided when to arrive in Warsaw. Last year I took a detour via Budapest (three days). Any suggestion? One alternative I am thinking is hop over to Paris for a couple of days.
Yess me! I didnt buy my pass yet and could use that :)

You should check out Krakow if you've never been there. Really worth a stop

For my five months of work in Luxembourg (it's a temporary position at the European Commission) I'm getting two weeks (10 days) of vacation days plus a week for Christmas and some public holidays. Still, I'd rather not waste my vacation days by taking Friday off when I can just as easily arrive at 11 pm since there's usually no dancing before that anyway. :) However I am taking off Monday since Sundays tend to be my favorite nights at congresses :)

For my five months of work in Luxembourg (it's a temporary position at the European Commission) I'm getting two weeks (10 days) of vacation days plus a week for Christmas and some public holidays. Still, I'd rather not waste my vacation days by taking Friday off when I can just as easily arrive at 11 pm since there's usually no dancing before that anyway. :) However I am taking off Monday since Sundays tend to be my favorite nights at congresses :)
For Warsaw I suggest starting at Thursday.

For Warsaw I suggest starting at Thursday.
Well if this suggestion had come six weeks ago when I bought my flights, it would have been a little more useful :p Actually our Airbnb was originally booked for Thurs but we changed it for Friday because none of us wanted to take Friday off :p

Well if this suggestion had come six weeks ago when I bought my flights, it would have been a little more useful :p Actually our Airbnb was originally booked for Thurs but we changed it for Friday because none of us wanted to take Friday off :p
in Israel Fridays are always off and people work on Sunday.

in Israel Fridays are always off and people work on Sunday.
Well clearly Israelis are at a disadvantage when it comes to salsa congresses since if you want to attend all three nights you have to take both Sunday and Monday off :p

So are salsa congresses in Israel Thursday - Saturday instead of Friday - Sunday?

Dance Ads