dancing etiquette

I like her virgin. ;) But in general, ladies use salsa for hookups everywhere. Selection criteria might differ, and etiquette of course. Most people might not notice, because statistics say man are interested in top women only and women in top men. https://theblog.okcupid.com/your-looks-and-your-inbox-8715c0f1561e
I read that blog long time ago :)

But this has not much to do with what we were talking about--most men are NOT interested in top women only. That is against basic evolutionary principles. Men who only went after 'top women' would have disappeared from gene pool long time ago. The men who went after all/most women are the ones who passed on more of their genes to our ancestors. (A man with only 1 kid with a really beautiful woman will still pass on fewer genes than a man with 10 kids with average women. So the man who only went after the really beautiful women would have passed on a lot fewer genes.)

Also, the blog article is focused on looks only, whereas women tend to judge men by much more than looks. Also, a dating site is an artificial environment in which looks appear to have more importance because you can't assess the person in real life, only by a photo and what they say (and most people focus on photos, as a proxy of first impression in real life, except it's often not a good proxy, in real life we use a lot of other cues for first impression, plus other things we learn from talking to the person after we meet them).

Anyway this is off-topic, we can continue on Whatsapp.

Last edited:
The opposing viewpoints in this discussion are somewhat pointless and reveal a lack of cultural understanding on both sides.

In non-Latin countries/venues, the main goal of people who go to salsa parties is dancing. Other stuff like talking and socializing is secondary to the main goal of dancing.

In Latin countries/venues, the main goal of people who go to Latin music venues is socializing (with friends, spouse, etc.) and/or listening to live music. Dancing is secondary and is meant to enable the main goal of socializing or listening to live music (or, alternatively, meeting romantic partners).

So, it follows that all the discussions with a Latin saying non-Latin dance venues are like non-stop dance orgies, and a non-Latin complaining that people from Latin venues are sitting around with friends/spouse (thus requiring special 'permission requests' from other dancers) instead of dancing and mingling more, are pointless because we are talking about two very different sets of circumstances. And neither is 'better' than the other.
I don't think is totally accurate.

when people in Salsa venues go dancing this seems to be the expectation:

North America: it's implied you went to dance with people at the venue (regardless if you know them or not, or if you went with people or not. As long as you agree to dance with them.). Since people dont like the word Orgy (lol). Lets say this is more like going to a Capoeira Event, in which your perform with whoever is in the rueda at the moment.

Latin Countries: you went to dance with the people you went with and some random dances with other people there. More like going for coffee in North America.

Again, everybody is socializing, talking, etc but the networks and sets are different.

I personally prefer places where dancing, dining, drinking, talking are available. I personally do not enjoy dance studios as much because you are either dancing or standing up between dances.

I don't think is totally accurate.

when people in Salsa venues go dancing this seems to be the expectation:

North America: it's implied you went to dance with people at the venue (regardless if you know them or not, or if you went with people or not. As long as you agree to dance with them.). Since people dont like the word Orgy (lol). Lets say this is more like going to a Capoeira Event, in which your perform with whoever is in the rueda at the moment.

Latin Countries: you went to dance with the people you went with and some random dances with other people there. More like going for coffee in North America.

Again, everybody is socializing, talking, etc but the networks and sets are different.

I personally prefer places where dancing, dining, drinking, talking are available. I personally do not enjoy dance studios as much because you are either dancing or standing up between dances.
Nothing you said here contradicts what I said above. :)

vit

Son Montuno
Fresh coffee means it's also ground before preparation using quality grinder from relatively fresh roasted beans of good quality. And moka pot is actually one of the worst methods, even italians are joking out of it in movies, although many are still using it ...

2_pressefoto_olympia_express_cremina.jpg

Last edited:
Fresh coffee means it's also ground before preparation using quality grinder from relatively fresh roasted beans of good quality. And moka pot is actually one of the worst methods, even italians are joking out of it in movies, although many are still using it ...
You are absolutely right. Real coffee can be made only by this beauty. elektra_classic_chr_2gr_auto_lg.jpg
And this
gcr-news-mahlkonighost-p.gif

or coffee like this lol

As weird as it sounds, I have never made coffee, neither like to drink it. Even though my grand parents had a coffee/coco farm.

Notice, back in Dominican coffee places don't sell coffeeas the main items. they tipically offer milkshakes and sandwiches.

In Canada, I was surprised by the coffee machines, the large portions of coffee and the variety of coffee and why people make lines to drink coffee in the morning.

Some people in work environments get surprised or think I'm rude because I don't make or drink coffee at work.

The first time I went to a coffee place in Canada. I was asked which coffee I wanted and I did not know what to order (in my head what about just coffee? Lol). So, I asked for a cappuccino because I have seen it often in movies. It tastes like ****. Now I asked for Vanilla chocolate which is good.

Attachments

or coffee like this lol

As weird as it sounds, I have never made coffee, neither like to drink it. Even though my grand parents had a coffee/coco farm.

Notice, back in Dominican coffee places don't sell coffeeas the main items. they tipically offer milkshakes and sandwiches.

In Canada, I was surprised by the coffee machines, the large portions of coffee and the variety of coffee and why people make lines to drink coffee in the morning.

Some people in work environments get surprised or think I'm rude because I don't make or drink coffee at work.

The first time I went to a coffee place in Canada. I was asked which coffee I wanted and I did not know what to order (in my head what about just coffee? Lol). So, I asked for a cappuccino because I have seen it often in movies. It tastes like ****. Now I asked for Vanilla chocolate which is good.
You just don't know places where to find a really delicious cup of coffee. It is not common in Canada to enjoy Batista's coffee masterpieces. Most people cannot even feel the difference between Arábica And Rabusta

Last edited:

DJ Yuca

Son Montuno
Cappuccino is a breakfast drink. If you get a good one then with breakfast it's a nice drink. The 1st time I went to Italy I didn't know a damn thing about coffee and I was waiting for a train, so I ordered a cappuccino. This was in the early afternoon. The gent who served me and the other customer found it hilarious. It was only years later when I learnt something about Italian coffee culture that I realised why.

DJ Yuca

Son Montuno

View attachment 2235
Maybe in theory however the vast majority of places that serve coffee in the UK cannot get a simple espresso right. Normally it's tepid and sometimes it tastes awful as well. Therefore a homemade coffee, using any decent coffee, even if it's not just been ground, tastes better than the above just by the virtue of being hot and not tasting disgusting.

I had coffee in several cafes in Stockholm recently and although they were all the correct temperature the taste wasn't that great. As for the rest of the world I don't know, although I've certainly never had a bad coffee in Italy (no surprise there).

Last edited:
As I said, I'd rather have a good coffee made in a moka than a poor one made in one of the above. However a good one made in a moka can't compare to a good one made in one of the above.
I have my own grinder and a coffee machine at home. And when I was a student I worked as a Barista for a while...so I can enjoy Espresso, Ristretto, Cappuccino at home:) and Thanks to Achille Gaggia for Italian coffee culture:dancingbanana:

I have my own grinder and a coffee machine at home. And when I was a student I worked as a Barista for a while...so I can enjoy Espresso, Ristretto, Cappuccino at home:) and Thanks to Achille Gaggia for Italian coffee culture:dancingbanana:
Sounds like good coffee is to you what good chocolate is to me :)

(I have never liked coffee myself, so I don't drink it, I am a supertaster so any coffee tastes extremely bitter to me. But I do love coffee chocolate :) )

vit

Son Montuno
Maybe in theory however the vast majority of places that serve coffee in the UK cannot get a simple espresso right. Normally it's tepid and sometimes it tastes awful as well. Therefore a homemade coffee, using any decent coffee, even if it's not just been ground, tastes better than the above just by the virtue of being hot and not tasting disgusting.

I had coffee in several cafes in Stockholm recently and although they were all the correct temperature the taste wasn't that great. As for the rest of the world I don't know, although I've certainly never had a bad coffee in Italy (no surprise there).
Pretty much the same here, unlikely to find a good espresso and quality also varying on the same location ... there are only a few decent cafes in the town supplied from 2 local roasters, but they insist on light/medium roast so coffee is a bit too acid for my taste (maybe Sabs would like that, as it's definitively not bitter) ... so only solution is to make it at home any way ... a good espresso may taste as good or better as top quality dark chocolate ... I also have a grinder and espresso machine, both fully manual

In Italy it also depends on location, ranging from mediocre to quite good, but on average much better than here

Worst coffee I was drinking in Turkey (they drink tee, while the coffee is mostly instant) and in English hotels (from percolator which is the worst preparation method)

Last edited:

Dance Ads