Best compliments ever!

Back to topic. A longer story, a bit sleazy and spanning over more than a year now:

I met a young couple. Beautiful people, good dancers, conservatively dressed and behaving.
I danced a few times with her and inside that prude shell was a smooth and dirty soul. :)
Even her boyfriend seemed to really enjoy watching us.

I met her randomly in worse situations and once in a location with an intense red light. A few days after she mailed me: "I do not want to dance that sexy with you anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love to dance like that, but I am in a relationship and I don't want to be a person like that. X told me, that the top I wore became transparent when standing directly under the red lightbulbs and looking from an above angle. So in fact I was dancing naked for you."
(Note: She wore a perfectly fitting black lace bra and by the way she knew to present it, I never got the idea, that she wasn't aware of the transparency problem of that top.)
Months later I met her again, together with her boyfriend. Suddenly she was all over me trying to dance sexy. Well, no need to ask me twice ... :cool:
Instantly after she did a not less sleazy "I am sorry" dance with her boyfriend. (You know the dances girls do, when they feel guilty for dancing too intimately with other guys?).
Same thing happened again twice that evening.
Met her again without her boyfriend. She was conservative as her preacher loves it. Blunt as I am I confronted her, being really surprised by her answer:

"You remember the evening we first met? Y and I were just friends until that evening, we hooked up that night, which I was waiting for a year for. He loves so much when I move sexy and to be honest, there is no other guy that can make me want to move sexy as you can!"

I feel used ... :D
Based on your narration and your side of the story, she sounds conflicted and exhibitionist. I wouldn't go anywhere near her with a ten feet pole! Feel sorry for he BF or may be he deserves it.

azana

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am going to totally indulge following a lovely day out at St Kilda Festival, where the Latin Quarter sets up each year by the beach and when the band comes on people dance out on the footpath in the sun.

“That was awesome!” (the better compliment was the enthusiastic “Yes!” when I asked for a dance :))
“That was lovely”
“You’re a great dancer. Great follow.” (Yes, I soldiered on when you whacked me right in the centre of the forehead :))
“I love your styling”

I’m sure you can tell that it was a smallish crowd this year and the general level was far from extraordinary:)

Back to topic. A longer story, a bit sleazy and spanning over more than a year now:

I met a young couple. Beautiful people, good dancers, conservatively dressed and behaving.
I danced a few times with her and inside that prude shell was a smooth and dirty soul. :)
Even her boyfriend seemed to really enjoy watching us.

I met her randomly in worse situations and once in a location with an intense red light. A few days after she mailed me: "I do not want to dance that sexy with you anymore. Don't get me wrong, I love to dance like that, but I am in a relationship and I don't want to be a person like that. X told me, that the top I wore became transparent when standing directly under the red lightbulbs and looking from an above angle. So in fact I was dancing naked for you."
(Note: She wore a perfectly fitting black lace bra and by the way she knew to present it, I never got the idea, that she wasn't aware of the transparency problem of that top.)
Months later I met her again, together with her boyfriend. Suddenly she was all over me trying to dance sexy. Well, no need to ask me twice ... :cool:
Instantly after she did a not less sleazy "I am sorry" dance with her boyfriend. (You know the dances girls do, when they feel guilty for dancing too intimately with other guys?).
Same thing happened again twice that evening.
Met her again without her boyfriend. She was conservative as her preacher loves it. Blunt as I am I confronted her, being really surprised by her answer:

"You remember the evening we first met? Y and I were just friends until that evening, we hooked up that night, which I was waiting for a year for. He loves so much when I move sexy and to be honest, there is no other guy that can make me want to move sexy as you can!"

Well, there goes our "dancing is innocent" advice we give to the jealous non-dancer boyfriends who regularly come here for advice about their salsa dancer girlfriends :p

#maybebettertodatenondancers :p

Attended my 4th LeSalsaClub social in Paris on Saturday and it was the same wondrous dance heaven it has been since I started my monthly 'pilgrimage' there in October :) Almost every dance I had during the four hours of non-stop dancing there was marvelous, fantastic, and lovely -- and coming from my super-picky self, I think this tells you just how much I enjoy this party and the Paris leads who attend it :D

Among the leads I danced with, there were some I already know and who are especially high on my 'lovely Paris leads' list :) But there were also, as always, a couple new ones I hadn't met before and who blew my mind with their awesomeness, playfulness, musicality, connection, creativity...the list goes and on and on! :) One I met at LeSalsaClub, and the other at a Sunday party. The LeSalsaClub lead is one of the best leads I have danced with in my life. Not only was he very friendly and completely star-attitude free, but told me very enthusiastically how much he enjoyed dancing with me and was overjoyed to see me and dance together again the next night at the Sunday party :) And today, sent me a nice message on Fb to say he looks forward to dancing again the next time I am in Paris. :)

The second lead, who I met at the Sunday party, was also exceptionally good and one of the best leads I have ever danced with. He especially excelled at leading playful, surprising moves that made me go, 'What just happened?! How did we do that!' (a feeling I love but that happens rarely as mose leads lead conventional, predictable, play-less moves.) He gave me one of the highest compliments: asked for a second dance right after our first one :)

Still feeling the high of my Paris dance weekend today! :):):)

Last edited:
Hilarious story. Just wondering... what were you dancing? My guess is Sensual Bachata or something like that?

I could not ever imagine a reaction like that dancing Salsa.

Anyway, I can't tell you how many girls I know who behave exactly like the person you described but never when dancing salsa... nope. It's always some kind of Sensual Bachata/Kizomba dance that gets people to behave in such a way.

Well, there goes our "dancing is innocent" advice we give to the jealous non-dancer boyfriends who regularly come here for advice about their salsa dancer girlfriends :p

Easter Bunny, Tooth fairy, Santa Claus, women dance only for the joy of moving and being admired ... see a pattern ?

Hilarious story. Just wondering... what were you dancing? My guess is Sensual Bachata or something like that?

I could not ever imagine a reaction like that dancing Salsa.

Anyway, I can't tell you how many girls I know who behave exactly like the person you described but never when dancing salsa... nope. It's always some kind of Sensual Bachata/Kizomba dance that gets people to behave in such a way.
Mostly Salsa. Linear. 75%+ not closed hold.
Ok, co-creative leading, so no exterior definition of the dance given but a strong focus on the communication between the partners. Picking up her ideas and enforcing what I like, interweaving them with my ideas to a whole. Sacrificing artistic moves for the benefit of a strong connection component, closer to WCS and Zouk than to studio style Salsa or Bachata. (Which I tend to blame the dancers for, not the dance.)

You know, just 2 years ago I have been a natural method for contraception - 100% proof. Then suddenly hell broke loose and things like that started happening. Still not getting used to it.

Oh, compliments.
On Saturday I managed to complete the challenge to do a complete dance with an unknown and unsuspecting partner linear style without a single turn. Maximum X-Body. No other spectacular tricks.
New location for me. The partner was a quite popular and pretty upper-mid level dancer around 30. (So no one from the "left over" corner.)

So we danced a song in this unspectacular manner. Just a random song. A nice and very calm dance.
Her reaction?
She just pulled me closer and didn't let me go for 3 more songs.

o we danced a song in this unspectacular manner. Just a random song. A nice and very calm dance.
Her reaction?
She just pulled me closer and didn't let me go for 3 more songs.

Gives me an idea the next time I dance with one of the best follows I know in this geographical region.

Kate, that means you. (she'll never see this thread, but we'll dance soon enough)

I thought our advice is "dancing is mostly innocent unless proven otherwise" :p

#maybebettertodatenondancers:p
#nondancerdoesntneeddancingtobesexycheater :p

Last edited:
Oh, compliments.
On Saturday I managed to complete the challenge to do a complete dance with an unknown and unsuspecting partner linear style without a single turn. Maximum X-Body. No other spectacular tricks.
New location for me. The partner was a quite popular and pretty upper-mid level dancer around 30. (So no one from the "left over" corner.)
Congratulations!! :D

Mostly Salsa. Linear. 75%+ not closed hold.
Ok, co-creative leading, so no exterior definition of the dance given but a strong focus on the communication between the partners. Picking up her ideas and enforcing what I like, interweaving them with my ideas to a whole. Sacrificing artistic moves for the benefit of a strong connection component, closer to WCS and Zouk than to studio style Salsa or Bachata. (Which I tend to blame the dancers for, not the dance.)

You know, just 2 years ago I have been a natural method for contraception - 100% proof. Then suddenly hell broke loose and things like that started happening. Still not getting used to it.
Why does this remind me of the writings by the likes of Sydney Sheldon or Ken Follet that I last read in high school, where suddenly a description of sex scene appears in a middle of spy thriller!

See!!! It ain't the dance! It is him!!!. Our advice is valid unless evil superdancer like MrR disarms a lady's defences :D
Her defenses ?
You mean the guy with the matching ring who broke his bottle and came storming at us?

Wasn't me who disarmed him.
Was some Valkyrie who tackled him and then those security guys who lead him in front of the door.
I just protected the lady from seeing that mess.
See, not evil.

#nondancerdoesntneeddancingtobesexycheater :p
I agree, but I don't think it is so black and white. A person may be completely faithful for years, and very committed to not cheating, but if they meet someone with whom just the right combination of factors clicks (the 'perfect storm'!), they might stray. It's not about the dancing per se, it's just that it's more likely for people who have the kind of passion for life dancers tend to have to be attracted to the same kind of people--other dancers--and this very passion and strong desire to experience connection that is perhaps stronger-than-average in dancers and that leads to many delightful experiences of dance connection, can also have unintended 'side effects' :p

Add to that the fact that as a dancer, you just meet way more people than the average non-dancer, especially if you travel for dance events regularly. So the probability you'll come across that 1 person in 100000 with whom you'll have such a strong chemistry that even a very committed partner can't resist the temptation is a lot higher.

Last edited:
I agree, but I don't think it is so black and white. A person may be completely faithful for years, and very committed to not cheating, but if they meet someone with whom just the right combination of factors clicks (the 'perfect storm'!), they might stray. It's not about the dancing per se, it's just that it's more likely for people who have the kind of passion for life dancers tend to have to be attracted to the same kind of people--other dancers--and this very passion and strong desire to experience connection that is perhaps stronger-than-average in dancers and that leads to many delightful experiences of dance connection, can also have unintended 'side effects' :p
While I agree it's possible for a completely faithful person to stray should they encounter the 'perfect storm', I think that dance chemistry is much more overrated than people think. Those 5 minutes of pure dance bliss can not be accurately translated to actual chemistry off the dance floor. Sure, I might think of someone who I have great dance chemistry with (and similar dance goals) as good relationship potential, but likely it's just my hormones sending signals from being in close physical contact.

I would definitely classify this temptation as one of the dangers of being a hugely sought after social dancer and dancing socially in general.

Honestly, the people I know who value being in a committed relationship are more likely to quit dancing to be with their partner more rather than continue tempting fate.

Dance Ads