2018 Paris international Salsa Congress (PISC) Roll Call (and accomodation!)

Update: La Terrasse de Ternes is apparently closed, so ignore that one.

Also, it would be a good idea to have a WhatsApp group rather than rely on SF for communication during the congress, much easier to communicate on WhatsApp. Since I already have some people's contacts, it's probably easiest for me to create the group--if you'd like to be added, send me a PM with your phone number.

Only a few days left!

Damn the Train crew are on strike onm my traveldate, and the official hotel got "flooded", all guest are relocatet to a different hotel until the 20. April. Sounds a bit strange to me.

Damn...Glad I'm not staying at the congress hotel.

Seems the strike will also affect the airport trains (RER), on Tuesday and Wednesday (and next Monday).

"In Paris the RER commuter services were once again hit with only one out of five trains running on the RER C whilst the RER B, which links Paris to the airports, was reduced to a third of the usual services."

https://www.thelocal.fr/20180409/fr...ervices-and-leaves-sncf-with-100-million-bill

Airport train schedules during strike: https://parisbytrain.com/paris-rer-train-strike-2018/

Last edited:
Airfrance pilots are on strike as well... Luckily it looks like the flight schedule on the weekend is not going to be affected!
Hope everyone (including myself) is going to get there and back (at least halfways) as planned...

Damn the Train crew are on strike onm my traveldate, and the official hotel got "flooded", all guest are relocatet to a different hotel until the 20. April. Sounds a bit strange to me.
Flooded? I didn’t find any info. Will they be able to hold the even if they are flooded :). It needs a couple of days to put up stage, floor and other logistics.

Damn...Glad I'm not staying at the congress hotel.

Seems the strike will also affect the airport trains (RER), on Tuesday and Wednesday (and next Monday).

"In Paris the RER commuter services were once again hit with only one out of five trains running on the RER C whilst the RER B, which links Paris to the airports, was reduced to a third of the usual services."

https://www.thelocal.fr/20180409/fr...ervices-and-leaves-sncf-with-100-million-bill

Airport train schedules during strike: https://parisbytrain.com/paris-rer-train-strike-2018/

Check lebusdirect.com . It transports you to Hyatt hotel, Eiffel Tower and Champ Elyeese areas for €17. Very convenient if RER is not operating from the airport. It stops directly in from of the venue hotel. They run four different lines I think and aren’t been affected by strike. But expect a lot more people than normal due to strike.

Check lebusdirect.com . It transports you to Hyatt hotel, Eiffel Tower and Champ Elyeese areas for €17. Very convenient if RER is not operating from the airport. It stops directly in from of the venue hotel. They run four different lines I think and aren’t been affected by strike. But expect a lot more people than normal due to strike.
I'm staying on the other side of the river, within walking distance of the pre-party, on Wednesday night so this wouldn't help much as it would leave me way out of the way and I'd have to take the metro after that across the city. Seems the RER will run at a reduced schedule.

Flooded? I didn’t find any info. Will they be able to hold the even if they are flooded :). It needs a couple of days to put up stage, floor and other logistics.
Yeah we got an email from the PISC organiser informing us that we cannot stay in the Congresshotel from wednesday until fryday because they are repairing from the floods ... It somehow sounds like a cheap excuse because they might have overbooked idk.....

I'm staying on the other side of the river, within walking distance of the pre-party, on Wednesday night so this wouldn't help much as it would leave me way out of the way and I'd have to take the metro after that across the city. Seems the RER will run at a reduced schedule.
You will have to play it by ear. The RER will be reduced to 1/3rd of the service. As long as you can get to anywhere in the city, where you can catch a metro. You can consider all options if you flying in and decide ones you land.

Dance Ads