Which Salsa Congresses Or Major Events Do You Plan To Attend in 2017?

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by MacMoto, Nov 11, 2016.

1. MacMoto

MacMoto Administrator Staff Member

Time to start planning ahead... :)

alvinthethird likes this.
  2. Aurel

Aurel Sonero

I was just thinking about my first real salsa congress and I have 2 candidates:
    • Paris International Salsa Congress 2017 - the reviews from the first edition were good
    • Mamboland Milano - the whole concept seems interesting
    Of course, both are at the same freaking weekend - 21-23.4.2017 :(:mad::facepalm:

kbitten, MAMBO_CEC and lidiap like this.
  3. lidiap

lidiap Descarga

I was looking at those just yesterday, after Mamboland finally announced what they're doing. I really like their concept. It's not quite comparable to a congress, also a lot smaller, 300 people max., smallish venue. It sounds great, kind of a bummer though they're not offering evening passes.
    Yes, too bad the two events are on the same weekend. One of the Mamboland organizers told me that will not happen next year, so it maybe we'll wait for the next one.

4. Offbeat

Offbeat Maestro 'El Diferente' Canales

My wishlist:

Paris
    Croatia (the salsa one. Not the 14 long one).
    Amsterday and Warsaw.

SalsaGipsy likes this.
  5. alvinthethird

alvinthethird Nuevo Ritmo

I would like to do these double headers, with some euro travel in between each. Will see how my $ and time look though...
    Paris/ Mambocity
    Amsterdam/ Warsaw

USA wise
    Chicago Congress
    Maybe Houston
    Maybe B.I.G.

SalsaGipsy likes this.
  6. MAMBO_CEC

MAMBO_CEC Sabor Ambassador

Would love to go to Mamboland, but as of now it's looking like Paris, so Hexlibris start organizing. SalsaGipsy and Kbitten I definitely want to dance with you guys!!

Smejmoon and SalsaGipsy like this.
  7. Offbeat

You and Lidiap should have really come to Amsterdam/Warsaw :) You would have loved it!

kbitten, MAMBO_CEC and lidiap like this.
  8. lidiap

lidiap Descarga

I know, too bad we couldn't do it! I'm glad to hear that everyone had a great time though!

kbitten likes this.
  9. olamalam

olamalam El Sabroso de Conguero

I'm going to Stars Of Salsa in Jan 2017 in London
    Plus, Athens in May, Sibenik in July

kbitten and Smejmoon like this.
  10. SalsaGipsy

SalsaGipsy Capitán Del Estilo

Well, this means that you should come to Amsterdam :D As I'm stuck here, can't go to any other congress, in fact I've only danced twice in the last two years - yes, at the Amsterdam congress. So, that's the only chance :D

MacMoto and MAMBO_CEC like this.
  11. UchimaSalsa

UchimaSalsa Son Montuno

I'm planning few ones:
    - SOS in London
    - Mambocity in London as well
    - Paris
    - Rovinj (of course)
    - Sibenik (not sure)
    - Berlin
    - Warsaw el sol
    - I would consider Moscow but the VISA thing seems a hassle. I heard it's very good.
    I may add or replace by some central/east european congresses which are usually cheaper (low cost planes, cheap hotel, cheap pass, low cost of living)

12. Al Israel

Al Israel Tumbao

Right now looking at Brasov in January, six days in London dancing in March and after that the world is my oyster :D

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Sabrosura likes this.
  13. What's confirmed so far?
    Houston Salsa Congress
    Rocket City Latin Dance Festival
    Paris International Salsa Congress

What's more than likely going to happen?
    Moab Salsa Bachata Festival - HIDDEN GEM HIDDEN GEM (Daytime activities give event high value)
    Albuquerque Latin Dance Festival
    Aventura Dance Cruise

Going to have to have some discussions about?
    Oaxaca Salsa Bachata Festival (Vacation time management)
    FusionSalsaFest vs Denver Salsa Congress
    Any event in February (Chicago vs Charlotte vs SF Rueda vs Nixmotion vs just chill)
    NY Holiday event - Memorial Day vs Labor Day
    Masacote Retreat (Vacation time management)

Might just say "F it" and go
    Las Vegas or Orlando 4th of July Weekend

14. Al Israel

Al Israel Tumbao

For some reason can't edit my last post.

Also may go to Tel Aviv Salsa Congress in January, it is the first serious festival in central Israel and is heavily catering to crossbody crowd with Adolfo+Sosa+Fonts.

15. alvinthethird

alvinthethird Nuevo Ritmo

Remix that to Warsaw El Sol! costs about the same

TurqoiseHexagon likes this.
  16. Sabrosura

Sabrosura El Sabroso de Conguero

I will not be going (will be in India in January) but just want to put it out there that Brasov is my hometown so I am happy to give advice for things to visit in the area or any other questions people have about Brasov or Romania :)

SnowDancer and Al Israel like this.
  17. Not if I'm flying out of Cincinnati which is like flying from Mars (pricewise)

It looks like Warsaw is on the same weekend as the Moab Salsa Bachata Festival. I'll probably do Moab again. It's an amazing 72 hour experience (just not dancing)

And now adding Bachatea World Congress in Spain in February as officially in the books

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  18. Flujo

Flujo Sabor Ambassador

Make sure you say hello at least. :)

19. Salsa Student

Salsa Student Pattern Police

Thinking about the Vegas congress in June/July, mostly because I've never been to Vegas and I've heard the buffets are awesome. ;)

And maybe Mambo City.

20. Offbeat

Yes buffets are aweseome. Check out which are the top ranked ones (Cesar's, Metropolitan and Bellagio were top three last time I went there a year back).
    Yes, definitely a place to visit, since you never been there.

No - Went to vegas congress last year. It was lamest of all congresses I ever been to.

Since it is on the 4th July weekend, if you want a good dancing experience, you can look for other alternatives that weekend. As for Vegas, you can also visit there on any other long weekend or normal weekend. If your primary goal is to experience gambling then normal weekend is enough. If instead your are interested in sight-seeing (Hoover dam, etc), food (awesome restaurants besides buffet) and Shows (very good entertainment shows). then you need a long weekend. Another thing about July 4th is that it usually is scorching hot. When I was there last year on July 4th, the temp was at 110!! I think it was similar this year too.