Which Salsa Congresses Or Major Events Do You Plan To Attend in 2009?

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by AguaDulce, Nov 28, 2008.

1. AguaDulce

AguaDulce Pattern Police

After a year in which many of us have attended new and old events, I'm interested in hearing which events are on people's list for 2009?
  2. agarcia97

agarcia97 Sonero

Hopefully the Salt Lake City Congress in late February will be on everyones list.....haha
  3. Beto

Beto Tumbao

Definitely doing Flava Invasion 4 in April. Hotel and VIP pass booked already. Just need to book airfare.

-Maybe- doing the All Star Salsa Cruise for Memorial Day. It's tempting when you mention Barcelona, Marseilles and Ibiza.
  4. salzerdic

salzerdic Changui

i'm up to Scandinavian Salsacongress here in sweden, march 26-29! Were on my first congress there last year and i loved it!
  5. RugKutta

RugKutta Tumbao

I'll see you there, homie. The All Star Cruise looks mighty tempting, but I'd have to save up money that would be better spent on other things right now to be able to go. The LA congress (will be my 3rd time) seems a bit more feasible for me.

So, If I have my way, it'll look like this in '09:

Flava Invasion 4
    LA Congress
    Orlando Congress
    San Diego Salsa Festival

There may be some others depending on which events my groups are invited to perform at.
  6. AguaDulce

AguaDulce Pattern Police

There is a big salsa cruise this summer in Asia that I'm looking at.
  7. AguaDulce

AguaDulce Pattern Police

That looks like a really nice list.
  8. AguaDulce

AguaDulce Pattern Police

Have you tried any other congresses/festivals in that region?
  9. SnowDancer

SnowDancer Capitán Del Estilo

I'm thinking Salt Lake. It's close, low-stress, and fun.
  10. AguaDulce

AguaDulce Pattern Police

With a name like "Snowdancer" that sounds appropriate, lol
  11. GForce85

GForce85 Descarga

I only know for sure I'll be at the LA Congress in May. Anything else I'll be playing by ear.
  12. antigone

antigone Pattern Police

still hoping to make it to Prague congress in the spring
  13. vata07

vata07 Descarga

that sounds like a good idea actually..:cool:
  14. bailar y tocar

bailar y tocar Clave Commander

Definitely: Chicago Salsa Congress in February, like every year.
    Possible: Cubamemucho, Cuban Salsa Congress Munich in April if I can get a cheap airfare.
    Something in Fall to use up my domestic frequent flyer ticket.
  15. naturallove

naturallove Sonero

Flava Invasion 4 in April for sure. I'd like to say the Chicago Salsa Congress, but hopefully I'll be on some sort of job interview during that time. :) I'm definitely flirting with the idea of going to the Paris Mambo Festival, but I have a trip planned for China and maybe Thailand or Cambodia, so that might be pushing it.
  16. SnowDancer

SnowDancer Capitán Del Estilo

Heh. Maybe I'll go snowboarding there this time. Just bought my pass.
  17. MacMoto

MacMoto Administrator Staff Member

Hopefully at least a few out of this list...

- Tribute event(s) for Lee in the UK
    - Any UK event that might happen around the same time

- Hong Kong congress in Feb

- LA (May) or San Francisco (Nov) - both would be nice but probably not feasible. Any other US/Canada west coast events I should consider?

- GBSEx in Nov if I don't go to SF

- Korea congress in Augsut

- Singapore (I think it's moving to August?)

- Phuket salsa holiday in May maybe?

- Plus Japan congress - I think I'll attend as a full time volunteer next time.

I'm going to resist the temptation to go to Sydney and New York this coming year... wish me luck :roll:
  18. desconocida

desconocida Descarga

@MacMoto:
    Wow! This is an impressive list!

I haven't been to any salsa event for ages but I'm planning to attend one or two until spring (just to see how much I'm still into it).
    As for now it's a decision between Frankfurt, Candela Festival (Karlsruhe) and (most likely) Amsterdam in February.
  19. salzerdic

salzerdic Changui

no i haven't it was my first this year :)
  20. Lilith

Lilith Tumbao

Definately: Scandinavian salsa congress, Hot salsa weekend and Göteborg salsa weekend (All in Sweden)
    Possibly (at least one of these): Hamburg international salsa festival, Spain salsa festival, Croatian summer salsa festival.