Where will you be dancing in the holiday season?

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by azana, Nov 5, 2013.

1. azana

azana Super Moderator Staff Member

Who knows; there may be other SFers around / on the move...

December 25: Tokyo
    December 31: Santo Domingo
    Mid-January: San Francisco/Tokyo
    Late January: Sydney (congress)

Very much looking forward to it - having considerable trouble concentrating on work at the moment while planning a trip with several salsa stopovers :) .

MAMBO_CEC likes this.
  2. MAMBO_CEC

MAMBO_CEC Sabor Ambassador

MAMBO_CEC's Holiday roadtrip.

December 26-Club Cache New York
    December 28-Mr Mambos DC
    December 29-Jimmy Anton's Social New York.

These dates are subject to change due to bad weather....Haven't been to Cache before, so I am really looking forward to it!!!!

3. MMaatttt

MMaatttt Shine Officer

I'm in Cuba for the new year.

timberamayor likes this.
  4. MacMoto

MacMoto Administrator Staff Member

:( I'll be in Tokyo in early December... looks like we'll be missing each other again.

5. timberamayor

timberamayor Maestro 'El Diferente' Canales

december 31st Havana

6. matty

matty Shine Officer

its looking like ill be in Colombia again :)

bailar y tocar likes this.
  7. MMaatttt

MMaatttt Shine Officer

We should meet up.

timberamayor likes this.
  8. bailar y tocar

bailar y tocar Clave Commander

Dec 25: Bogota Colombia
    Dec 26 - Jan 7: Cali Colombia

Great to see that DJ Matt will be there also.

I assume that I'll meet up with El Chino aka Solarlatinclub and DJ Ara and many many very fine ladies.

9. Salsa Student

Salsa Student Pattern Police

Just got a FB invite for Dec. 27 "NY vs. Seattle: The Battle of the Salsa Vinyl DJs"

MAMBO_CEC likes this.
  10. azana

Yeah, yeah. I'm just another SF statistic to you! :p Anyway, you just need to time your trips during Australian school holidays :)

11. EMOYENO

EMOYENO Pattern Police

sadly for me this year has been bad news.
    I have no car... need to safe $$ so I have to sacrifice my salsa dancing.
    and recently my back has gone stiff. no dancing this holiday!!!!

12. Slowdance

Slowdance Descarga

Sorry to hear that. Hope you recover soon.

As for me, I will be dancing in a small little place in the middle of nowhere in Mississippi as usual. :) But its all good; Christmas and New Years fall in the middle of the week, so no club closures on dance night! :)

13. salsamarty

salsamarty Rhythm Deputy

If you have any questions about the San Francisco scene let me know.

14. azana

Thank you!! :) I arrive late on a Tuesday night; plan to dance the Wed and Thurs (Jan 15 and 16) and was planning to follow the suggestions on the San Francisco thread Suitz initiated. Hope I get the opportunity to meet up with some SFers!

15. salsamarty

salsamarty Rhythm Deputy

Wednesday should be at El Valenciano, 1153 Valencia St, San Francisco. It's an on2 dance venue. Usually very good dancers. Excellent DJ. There is a lesson at 9:15 by Gabriel Romano. Beginnerish level. Social dancing starts a little after 10pm. El V is my favorite night of the week. I help out at the door.

Thursday should be Cafe Cocomo's, 650 Indiana St, San Francisco. Beginner lesson (on1) from 8:30-9:30. DJ music followed by live music. Wide range of levels. This is a classic venue that will be closing next spring when their lease is up. Might as well experience it now. I've been going there since 1999.

16. azana

Thanks SM! The Thursday night party sounds good, and it's in the Lonely Planet :) - will there be on1 leads? Wed sounds too on2 for me, but I am attracted by good music, so I'll definitely think about it.

Great advice; we need people like you in all cities :)

17. MacMoto

MacMoto Administrator Staff Member

One great thing about the Netherlands is that salsa doesn't stop for Christmas... I went out last night (there was a choice of two events to go) and had a great time burning off the Christmas feast :)

Chris_Yannick and Kading like this.
  18. salsamarty

salsamarty Rhythm Deputy

San Francisco is an on1 city though El V is an exception. However, everyone at El V can dance on1 so you can always make a request. I think Wednesday is Bachata night at Cocomo's. I think this salsa calendar is accurate for the Bay Area:

http://www.salsabythebay.com/salsa-events-calendar/

19. azana

Thanks!! Okay, sounds good. Sounds like a horrifically talented city, just like Tokyo :)

20. Offbeat

Offbeat Maestro 'Fania' Pacheco

Haven't been following SF for several months! Marty's spot on about the web site and the venues. Though I am not sure if SF can be called an on1 city :) there are a lot of people who can dance on1 or on2 or both. I think it has been most on2 after NYC. Cocomo gets plenty of on1 dancers on Thursday.

Marking my calendar to go out dancing on 15th and 16th :) will pm you my email and number.