where else do you practice?

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by acpjr, Sep 7, 2008.

1. acpjr

acpjr Tumbao

The place I currently stay has wall to wall carpeting save for the kitchen and bathrooms. I don't use those spaces since I don't want to weird out my roommates, plus they are too small.

Where do you practice your shines?

I am very tempted to park in an open parking lot or parking structure and leave my car window rolled down so I can hear the music playing from my car while I shine away. I could also wear headphones and listen to music on a mobile device, but I would rather not as if I am to pursue this approach it would be at night and I do not want my ears muffled.

2. vata07

vata07 Descarga

i've got wall to wall carpeting too but still manage to practice shines. if i wear socks its easier to spin and you don't get rug burns. its not the best. i'm way too self conscious to practice anywhere that's not a club or at home...actually i already got busted at the airport once for doing shines outside a latin restaurant playing salsa so i learned my lesson, :D

3. MacMoto

MacMoto Administrator Staff Member

When I was living in a completely carpeted flat, I bought a roll of vinyl flooring and spread it on top of the carpet for dance practice. With a bit of floor polish to make it slippery, it worked fine.

I also practise shines, basic steps and turns/spins in a studio at my gym sometimes (no music but that's okay).

4. antigone

antigone Pattern Police

kitchen linoleum floor + corn starch = spin heaven (don't worry, you can vaccuum it off easily, and brush it off the shoes as well)

5. Aris

Aris Changui

I agree with Vata. You can spin nicely on carpet as long as you're wearing socks. If you want to wear shoes, just put a pair of socks over them. You'll spin better on carpet than you will on asphault.

6. smiling28

smiling28 Moderator

man great ideas, not much help but I have an AWESOME studio here that is open most hours and lets us practice if there is free space. So good of them!

Maybe get some people from your classes and organise a space? Maybe look around the area for somewhere to see if you can go (eg. I used to practice at a hospital gym nearby, just got membership there).

Good luck and do keep it up :)

*and watch the movie save the last dance (japanese version for tips on how to practice at work ;) )