What would it take for you to quit dancing salsa ?

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by bailar y tocar, Sep 22, 2008.

1. bailar y tocar

bailar y tocar Clave Commander

I am inspired by smilings numerous posts that make you think twice. My short answer: nothing, will never happen, even if I ended up in a wheelchair and hard of hearing, I'd still be dancing somehow.
    My long answer to follow.

2. smiling28

smiling28 Moderator

lol

I have asked that question many times but never posted it. ;)

I think there are/have been a LOT of things that made me feel like quitting salsa but that I do not know what COULD make me do it.

I think ultimately salsa to me is this energy that I want to express and communicate. To share and give. Salsa is just the medium. I think that if the medium was not working for me at a certain point then I may consider a different medium but you know what. I REALLY hope that day does not come as I INCREDIBLY love salsa. Something about it and the people it has brought together. The fun and energy that is available.

So I get frustrated sometimes when I cannot express this energy or share it etc but it is still there and its just frustration like trying to lead moves when you do not have the correct technique yet. The intention/spirit is there but it is not getting through which leads to frustration but that in turn leads to motivation/inspiration and reason to push through that barrier to the next phase :)

3. MacMoto

MacMoto Administrator Staff Member

Physical disability - loss of mobility or eyesight, I think. I don't think a loss of hearing would be as big a problem as blindness for a follower (hey, it might even make me a better follower :rolleyes:).

I hope I'll still be dancing when I'm 64 :)

4. TrulyMadlyAmanda

TrulyMadlyAmanda Shine Officer

total global apocalypse. :eek:

no, wait...

....if i'm still alive after doomsday, i'll dance in the rubble. though if i'm the only person left on the planet, i'll have to stick to shines. or train a monkey to lead, hmmm.... ;)

5. Jambo

Jambo El Sabroso de Conguero

Your very own pattern monkey :lol:

6. TrulyMadlyAmanda

LOL! though of course my 'pattern' monkey would be all about the light lead, eye contact and musicality...and be retyping the complete works of shakespeare for me in his spare time... ;):)

7. EMOYENO

EMOYENO Pattern Police

NO ENTIENDO!!!!!!!.....it's in my blood so nothing will ever happen.

8. Flujo

Flujo Sabor Ambassador

LOL, I like you! :)

9. bailar y tocar

Haven't heard from any parents with small children yet. They must have already quit.

10. noobster

noobster Shine Officer

chr, antigone and The_Bear all have small children.

11. crazygirl

crazygirl Rhythm Deputy

Hell no - salsa is there to retain some sanity!

12. TrulyMadlyAmanda

i dont understand....why would any salser@ have children, that could really eat into dance time...?

...oh i get it, they're planning to start a performance troupe... ;);):D

13. antigone

antigone Pattern Police

Having a baby did not make stop dancing - I went to a jive class the day before I went into labor (ok, ok, he was a week late, and I was trying to shake him out). And I was dancing with him at home a few weeks after he was born. I went back to dancing at the studio/club when he was around 6 months, I think.

What would make me stop, aside from obivous physical disability, is finding another medium of expression. For example, if I ever went back to playing music and singing, I would probably give up dancing to make time for music.

14. KP-salsa

KP-salsa Shine Officer

I for one welcome our new monkey overlords.

15. noobster

noobster Shine Officer

Didn't the belly throw your balance off???

16. chr

chr Shine Officer

When my little daughter sees me practicing salsa she quickly crawls to me and stretches her arms to be picked up and thrown around... :)

17. TrulyMadlyAmanda

tsk, tsk, angling for a place in the ape inner circle eh - shame on you! ;);):D

18. TrulyMadlyAmanda

they call it the 'salsamonkeymafia'... :p

19. bailar y tocar

Hedgefund managers dance salsa ????!!!??? Point them out to me and I'll make them quit.

20. smiling28

smiling28 Moderator

And a pet monkey to babysit and choreograph the performance troupe????

:) :) :)