The Loss of Another Great Salsa Dancer :(

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by El Caobo, Dec 1, 2008.

1. El Caobo

El Caobo El Sabroso de Conguero

It is with a very heavy heart that I forward the following information regarding the loss of another great salsa dancer: Anastasia Rubacalba of the Chicago area.

[​IMG]

Anastasia had been battling with cancer and left a very poignant message for her fellow salseros throughout the world and especially in Chicago.

"My dear fellow Salseros,

Since my original diagnosis of stage IV colon cancer in January 2008, my journey has been challenging (to say the least:))

However, I am deeply moved by the generous outpouring of heartfelt Love, Warmth, and Compassion from your hearts, which has lifted my burden and uplifted me.

With all your good salsa, life-loving energy, you have infused my spirit with an even richer love for life--and what is Life without Passion?

Gracias, todos, desdel fondo de mi corazón (from the bottom of my heart) -- for keeping me in your kind thoughts and prayers, sharing your gorgeous good cheer and humor, and your wonderful generosity.

Love, Smiles, and Salsa Goddess Blesssings to you, my dear Friends.

xo
    Anastasia"

2. El Caobo

El Caobo El Sabroso de Conguero

Any messages left here might be read during this Wednesday's radio show.

3. Sweet Charlie

Sweet Charlie Changui

This is really sad news. Good she had time to write a fairwell message to her friends.

4. Salsamakossa

Salsamakossa Shine Officer

My deepest sympathies to her family and loved ones during what must be a difficult time for them.

rgds, SalsaMakossa.

5. lolita

lolita Capitán Del Estilo

I am so sorry... I hope all of us have half of the currage she had to write a farewell note :(

6. smiling28

smiling28 Moderator

My deepest condolences

7. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends. If her farewell note is any indication, she must have been a very special person indeed.

8. KP-salsa

KP-salsa Shine Officer

How sad - and so young. She seems to have been a joy to know, judging from the spirit and thoughts in her letter. My best wishes go to her friends and family.

9. narcosis

narcosis Sonero

My condolences to her family and friends.. It is a trying time for them indeed.

10. chrisk

chrisk Super Moderator Staff Member

My sincere condolences to her family and friends as I wish them all the strength they need to deal with that loss. It's also a great gesture of her to write such a nice farewell note to everybody who knew her.

11. bailar y tocar

bailar y tocar Clave Commander

doubly tragic as colon cancer is the most curable and the most preventable of all dangerous and common cancers

12. Offbeat

Offbeat Clave Commander

My condolences to her family and friends. To think of the person who wrote that note is no more !

13. Jambo

Jambo El Sabroso de Conguero

I'm in a daze at the moment and was just wondering why I'd clicked on Salsa Forums when I saw this thread. I lost my wonderful, brave Mum last night to the same thing, colon cancer.

Sending my deepest sympathy to the friends and family of Anastasia, it sounds like she was a remarkable lady from her letter.

My heart is broken at the loss of my Mum but after reading this I know I should be very grateful for all happy years I've had with her in my life, Anastasia looks so very young that this tragedy reminds me of just how precious time is when spent with loved ones.

May she rest in eternal peace.

14. crazygirl

crazygirl Rhythm Deputy

Hugs to you Jambo. Take care of yourself and here are a couple of poems:

The Broken Chain

We little knew that morning that
    God was going to call your name.
    In life we loved you dearly
    In death we do the same.
    It broke our hearts to lose you,
    you did not go alone;
    for part of us went with you,
    the day God called you home.
    You left us peaceful memories,
    your love is still our guide,
    and though we cannot see you,
    you are always at our side.
    Our family chain is broken
    and nothing seems the same,
    but as God calls us one by one,
    the chain will link again.

You can shed tears that she is gone or you can smile because she has lived
    You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back or you can open your eyes and see all she has left
    Your heart can be empty because you can't see her or you can be full of the love you shared
    You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday
    You can remember her and only thats shes gone or you can cherish her memory and let it live on
    You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back or you can do what she'd want;smile, open you eyes, love and go on

15. crazygirl

crazygirl Rhythm Deputy

Anastasia looks and sounds like a lovely, warm person and strength to all those suffering her loss.

16. sweavo

sweavo Maestro 'Guaguanco' Rodríguez

Oh, Jambo :( :(

I feel helpless ... words are not enough ... just know that you are loved. I'll be thinking of you and salsashoes from over here. And remember your mum will never really be gone while you're still around.

17. Flujo

Flujo Sabor Ambassador

My condolences to Anastasia's family & friends. Perhaps they will all keep her spirit alive.

Sorry to hear that your mum passed on Jambo. :( She will live on through you and everyone that loved her.

18. himji

himji Sonero

Very hard to hear Jambo. I'm sure that there are no words I could say that would help to make anything better but I do know how you feel having lost sombody close to the big C

19. chrisk

chrisk Super Moderator Staff Member

My sincere condolence to you and your family as I know how it feels to loss somebody so important and dear to you. :( An acquaintance of mine told me in that situation about a quote from I. Kant that I found helpful. Here's a translated and slightly paraphrased version of it: Who's going to continue to live in the memory of his beloved, isn't dead, but only far away; dead is only, who we've forgotten about.

20. Salsamakossa

Salsamakossa Shine Officer

Jambo, My sympathies to you as well on the loss of your Mum. I am sure you have plenty of memories to cherish, and hold on to.

Salsamakossa.