Thank you all and Hello!

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by maartenvdpol, Oct 26, 2008.

1. maartenvdpol

maartenvdpol Changui

Dear forum users,

I've been lurking on this forum for a small while now, just to be able to reflect my experiences on yours :) And now I thought it would be time to register and thank you all for your informative postings ;)

To introduce myself:

My name is Maarten, started dancing salsa exactly 1 month ago, but got so hooked that I already did over 90 training hours :) Love to lose myself in the dance, and to be in another world with my partner. Don't have a steady partner dough, the part of Tirol, Austria where I currently live for my work (hotelmanager) does not know of any salsa clubs or dancing :( But fortunately there's a good school in Innsbruck where I'm learning Cuban style salsa, and in two weeks I'll also be attending my first Bachata courses there.

With only one month of experience I do not have the guts yet to ask someone to dance, but fortunately the ladies that I dance with in the courses are always happy to dance with me :) End of november I'll be going on a short break to visit friends in my homeland, The Netherlands, and I already picked a salsa place in Amsterdam to go dancing in those days :)

Once again, thank you all for all the information that is gathered here and I hope I'll be able to contribute one day as well ;)

Cheers,

Maarten
  2. azzey

azzey El Sabroso de Conguero

Hey Maarten, welcome to SF!

Check out my various dance video clips on:
    uk.youtube.com/profile_play_list?user=azzey2

I've got some great Salsa and Bachata clips in case you're interested. Video is also a great way to learn new stuff.
  3. maartenvdpol

maartenvdpol Changui

Thanks, and great vids :) Been enjoying myself with them for the past few hours ;)

Already knew most of the bachata vids, but still great that you collected them in one playlist!
  4. antigone

antigone Pattern Police

welcome...a very appropriate avatar for a lurker :)
  5. sweavo

sweavo Maestro 'Guaguanco' Rodríguez

In my experience, places are always more fun when they have more Dutch people. Welcome!
  6. MacMoto

MacMoto Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to Salsa Forums Maarten! Don't worry about "contributing one day"... many of the great threads on SF have been started/enriched by beginners! Stop lurking and keep posting ;)
  7. smiling28

smiling28 Moderator

Welcome and keep the good vibe!!!
  8. Berend

Berend Son Montuno

Hi Maarten!
    *waves from cold Utrecht*

Welcome to the forum and enjoy!

I'm guessing Cantinero?
  9. maartenvdpol

maartenvdpol Changui

:D Yes indeed :D Never been to any salsa club in the Netherlands, but already read some good comments about the place.

Thank you all for your warm replies!

*waves back to Berend as a ex-Utrechtenaar :p *
  10. Berend

Berend Son Montuno

There aren't many Salsa Clubs in Rotterdam, so it was a easy guess ;)
    If you want some more locations to check out, i suggest www.salsainfo.nl (especially uitgaansagenda, leftupperpart)
    That way you can see where you can dance on a certain date :)
    Anyway, have fun!
  11. maartenvdpol

maartenvdpol Changui

Lol, when did you move to Rotterdam? :p But thanks for the tip, will come in handy :)
  12. Berend

Berend Son Montuno

Actually, i live in Den Haag, but work in Utrecht. :D
    And i ment "Not many Salsa clubs in Amsterdam", but there aren't many in Rotterdam either (Cantinero is in Amsterdam AND Rotterdam) so all is well.
    Also, as ex-Utrechternaar, you'll probably like to hear this: Once every two weeks, on the sunday, there is a salsadanceevening at Winkel van Sinkel!