San Fran tonight???

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by Terremoto, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Terremoto

Terremoto Pattern Police

I have an unexpected layover tonight in SF (Tuesday). Was wondering if anyone knew of a place to dance.

I am by the airport but can drive pretty far if the place is good.

Please respond :) Let me know!!!

2. gprefix

gprefix Changui

Glaskat, 520 4th street SF

3. antigone

antigone Pattern Police

I'm 5 minutes away from the airport, can pick you up at 9:45 if needed, but I leave to go home at midnight. check your pm

4. Terremoto

Terremoto Pattern Police

Cool. Just got back from the gym. Quick shower and off to the glass kat!!!

5. Terremoto

Terremoto Pattern Police

Had a great time last night!! I always dance with the same people in portland - it was a lot of fun spending the night dancing with new people. A lot of very beautiful salseras there!!

I was pretty surprised at the turn out for a tuesday night - the place was pretty crowded. However, when the band took a break the DJ put on some "interesting" music - he played one song that had so much base I thought I was in a hip hop club :)

6. antigone

antigone Pattern Police

Yes! I hated that one. And I was trying to dance on-2 to it with a guy who can't keep a beat. I've heard it before, though. Maybe the salsa music experts can help us out in identifying the offender.

7. noobster

noobster Shine Officer

Terremoto you were there? Next time give us a clue! (clothes, etc.)

I managed to spot antigone just before she bailed. I was keeping an eye out for someone who might match your old avatar picture, but I haven't seen that for a while and it's always tricky to spot a live human being from one low-res photo.

Actually it was a slightly lower turnout than usual, I thought. Often there's not room to dance at all until after 11:30 or 12.

I don't remember that one. I think Chino was spinning - he is usually awesome but I thought he was a little off his game last night actually. Not too badly though. He's got an enormously varied repertoire, which I love, and I guess not every song is going to please every dancer.

Band sucked as usual. (I know, I'm such a music grinch.) But they totally murdered "Cuando hablan las miradas," for which I could not forgive them.

8. Terremoto

Terremoto Pattern Police

Big thanks to everyone who gave me tips on the SF scene. I ended up staying one more night (wednesday night) and wanted to go dancing but something came up and couldn't go.

Noobster - next time I go dancing I'll post a recent picture of me or something - and give a description of my clothes. By the way - I was wearing a brown shirt that night with a white tiber in the upper left corner. I kept to myself for the most part.

I'll definately be back - I'm looking forward to it!!

9. Terremoto

Terremoto Pattern Police

Hm, yes, well that is quite interesting.

10. antigone

antigone Pattern Police

a spammer, methinks...
    Yes, terremoto, you've got to give us a bit of a heads up next time :) Glad you enjoyed the fabulous SF dancing scene!

11. gprefix

gprefix Changui

Or you could do what a dude called "Rick" did at Glaskat last Wednesday (you might have seen him): he had a LED flashing sign on his back, with blinking text that announced his name! :)

12. noobster

noobster Shine Officer

I danced with him, actually. Since I last saw him (which was a while ago) he's moved the LED from front to back, which I think is an improvement. I have to say I think the belt is kind of silly but it certainly makes him memorable.

13. antigone

antigone Pattern Police

Oh that's what it said! I've seen him there before, too, but I'm so nearsighted it just looks like a blue blur. Hell of distracting though :)

14. Terremoto

Terremoto Pattern Police

Yeah I saw the blinking belt - just thought it was a SF thing :)

Maybe I will just show up with my guns blazing next time :) hehehe

15. Offbeat

Offbeat Clave Commander

I never knew what it said or that it said his name. I seen him ever since I started and every single time he has that belt on except once. He hardly talks to anyone.

16. noobster

noobster Shine Officer

Does it always say the same thing? I don't usually read it but I feel like I noticed it said something like 'I love salsa' at one point.

He does seem really shy. He is getting a little better about the whole eye-contact-and-smile thing than he has been in the past though, at least with me.