salsa en la calle mojada (Portland)

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by Terremoto, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Terremoto

Terremoto Pattern Police

So I just got back from Salsa en la calle in Portland. Had a great time!! Sonora Caruseles was there!! They played with so much energy it was awesome. i haven't been out dancing very much over the last six months. it was great to get back into the scene - and what a excellent way to get back into it with salsa en la calle. It was raining today - I wasn't sure if people were going to show up and dancing in the rain. But there were plenty of people there. i thought I was going to show up and dance for a little while and then take off - but i couldn't -- it was too good to leave. I danced for five hours - almost without breaks. I am totally exhausted - but feel great!! Had to share the excitement. I am hoping that the excitement will continue and I can get back into dancing on a regular basis!!!!!
  2. SnowDancer

SnowDancer Capitán Del Estilo

Hey, it was nice to see you! I was there for 10 hours (but with lots of breaks). It seemed like almost everyone I've ever danced with showed up. And I met two women who came down from Seattle for the event, so I guess we're on the map now!
  3. antigone

antigone Pattern Police

driving time to Portland, OR : 10 hours 7 minutes
    Yup, you're on the map, all right :)
    Sounds like SC did concerts along the coast - I saw them in SF Sat night - also great and lots of energy, though it was nearly impossible to dance. Glad you guys had fun :)
  4. SnowDancer

SnowDancer Capitán Del Estilo

Take your packed crowd, and imagine it on concrete... with rain coming down!

A couple funny things I noticed:
    1. A baby carriage in the middle of the loud, packed dance/concert area with a sleeping infant. That kid's going to have salsa in his blood.
    2. A man with a parrot perched on his shoulder.

I wonder if SC is heading to Seattle or BC next.
  5. Terremoto

Terremoto Pattern Police

Yeah like wise - good seeing you. That was two times in one week :)

Wow - you were there for 10 hours!!! Wholly schmolly - thats a long time.

I ended up taking off like 15 minutes early to beat the crowd - there was a train that was parked that was blocking the exit - so I am sure it got ugly. I parked on the other side of the train and ended up crossing the train on a flat cart - fortunately it didn't start moving again while I was on it.