Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Salser@s Anonymous' started by Brownskin818, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Brownskin818

Brownskin818 Shine Officer

thread title says it all. post any random thing thats popped into your head that you want to share. doesnt have to be salsa related. but something that isnt quite worth its own thread. you can respond to others thoughts or not.

mine for right now.... why have the videos of eli & yen before the mayan disappeared? they competed in PR last year i think. and i had seen the video on utube so i knew of them before they hit SF then LA. there were 2 that i recall. and theyve been removed. i was looking for it because im trying to do a compilation of spin styling and i remembered in the PR routine that eli did a coffee grinder spin with his knees sort of in first position, instead of together. now the videos are no more.

i wonder how well a salsa holiday tour would go over in the states.

so ive been considering leaving the j-o-b for a while now, and it totally sucks that one of my biggest motivations to stay is that i start getting an add'l week's vacation if i hold out one more year. :? :lol:

2. bas

bas Rhythm Deputy

Found something from 2007 from Nuevotec http://www.myvidster.com/video/3414/Nuevotec_Productions_-_Eli_Torres_and_Yen_Dorado_performance

and a clip from the Hawaii festival:
    http://ulocal.kitv.com/_2009-Hawaii-Salsa-Festival/VIDEO/586700/62911.html

But it does look like everything on youtube has been removed.

3. SalsaGipsy

SalsaGipsy Capitán Del Estilo

Here are my random thoughts...

I wouldn't like to be a well-known professional dancer. Everybody is looking at these guys under a magnifying glass, recording them wherever they go, discussing them, expecting them to always give an amazing performance whoever they dance with... So much pressure, I wonder how they can still enjoy the dance. :confused:

4. MacMoto

MacMoto Administrator Staff Member

5. Brownskin818

6. Brownskin818

thinking of buying a balance disc. they have me using one in physical therapy and i LOVE it!
    [​IMG]

7. lolita

lolita Capitán Del Estilo

I just want to know why can't I go to the gym early? Why wait till 7:00???

8. Brownskin818

that reminds me... anyone in the market for a gym membership, 24hour fitness has a special going with costco on a 2 year membership for $299. :eek: details.

9. opm1s6

opm1s6 Sabor Ambassador

i just started capoeira in an attempt to keep myself from frilly conditioning classes and yoga :p

10. lolita

Speaking of conditioning classes, I think I am over conditioned.

11. Brownskin818

i know doctors must hate it when their patients try to play e-doctor by self-diagnosing on the internet, and going into the live doctor only to get a prescription or action on what theyve already determined they need. (typing this as i print out my proof of why i know i need a corticosteroid shot, and hoping my doctor has an "ah ha!" moment and gives me one :rolleyes:) :oops:

12. naturallove

naturallove Sonero

They are great! I love using it with the Fitness Fix Sports Conditioning video. It is challenging!

13. opm1s6

opm1s6 Sabor Ambassador

can someone give me an idea of how to work that thing? I have a friend who is really battling with balance on her spins.

14. Brownskin818

WOW, the stars must have realigned. i called my guy just now to tell him what i wanted (again). i expected him to professionally roll his eyes at me thru the phone (as ive felt him doing in the past :oops:) and he DIDNT. he said "okay... ill write a reminder to put in for the authorization today" :shock:. maybe this thread is good luck [​IMG]

ive almost bought it like 3 separate times now. i keep holding out thinking ill find a better deal at the next store.... :rolleyes:. ill have it by this weekend though. can't wait!!

15. Brownskin818

my PT has me use it on one leg only and sometimes on the ball of my foot, not as shown. and i just stand there trying not to teeter off. so its a center finding tool of sorts. when i find it, ill be good for a few seconds, then i lose it and continuously try to get it back. my main focus is supposed to be working my toe joints but i felt it immediately in my abs which is why i wanted to get it. although im using it to work my bad side, my good side struggles with it too. your friend can try one out at target. theyre pretty easily removable from the packaging so she can get a feel for it right in the store.

16. bailar y tocar

bailar y tocar Clave Commander

Since this has turned into an aches & pains thread: I did (overdid) a couple of African dance workshops back in April. The workshops are danced barefoot and now my left heel hurts so I have gel inserts in all of my shoes. But there's more..now I am off to the IFE-ILE Afro-Cuban festival in Miami this weekend and those classes are often barefoot, too. I am going to explain my predicament and wear (very clean) dance shoes.

17. lolita

Can you wear socks in put the gel inserts inside? Just a thought.

18. naturallove

naturallove Sonero

*jealous* Not of your foot pain, which is terrible, but of your festival visit! Please report back--I've always wanted to go to this particular event.

19. bailar y tocar

Hmm, thats an idea. I should try that out.

20. bailar y tocar

I reviewed it here when they did a one-time in Boulder, CO:
    http://www. yasalsa.com/node/135