Performance costume permanence

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by antigone, Oct 17, 2008.

1. antigone

antigone Pattern Police

More post-congress impressions...
    Toronto being my first congress, I made it a point to go to as many of the offerings as possible. I went to all 3 shows and the pre-party competition/performance. It was all a lot of fun and there were some amazing performances. But one thing bothered me above all: way too many performers, including ones who are supposed to be "pro", were adjusting their costumes on stage. So these are questions for those on performance teams...
    First, does anyone check the costumes ahead of time to make sure nothing rides down/flies off? Most of the issues could have been fixed with a single clear strap or a little mesh insert to keep things in place.
    Second, is there no rule about adjusting your costume during a performance? It is so disruptive! I would expect an experienced instructor/choreographer to make it a big no-no.
    Third, is anyone else bothered by the spectacle of 13-17 year old girls parading around the stage in fishnets and corsets that expose their bras?

2. noobster

noobster Shine Officer

Um, yes. I've seen kids who looked no more than 10 or 12 y/o in costumes that just seemed way out of line.

3. smiling28

smiling28 Moderator

Hey Antigone,

Hope you had a good time. A whole other thread but to me, I think certain dancing/attire should be determined by age (I know, I know. I am old fashioned).

So yes, certain costumes for girls (AND GUYS) under certain ages is inappropriate to me.

But hopefully they have a worthwhile experience somehow.