Patterns in my dreams?

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by CanYouTeachMeSomeMoves, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Man... I feel as though I've been spending too much time with Salsa lately. I enjoy it, but I have been thinking about patterns in my sleep.

Bad or good?
  2. sunsoul

sunsoul Rhythm Deputy

That's quite funny. Recurring dreams? Different patterns every time? Is there a point to them?

Might be just too much salsa, or they might be related to some specific element of your salsa dancing...
  3. sweavo

sweavo Maestro 'Guaguanco' Rodríguez

are they new patterns?

if they are patterns you already know then what a waste of a dream :)
  4. They are patterns that I know... I have been trying to memorize them .
  5. biggah

biggah Son

funny..instead of counting sheep i go thru all my patterns in my mind while laying in bed and without fail im usually asleep before i hit the last one...lol but no lie
  6. DJ Yuca

DJ Yuca Clave Commander

Good
  7. MacMoto

MacMoto Administrator Staff Member

I remember doing that when I started learning to lead, and I always ended up wide awake. That made me realise that leading - unlike following - was a very left-brain activity...
  8. malcolm

malcolm Sonero

Heh, next is listening to music and seeing yourself doing particular moves to particular bits of the song :D
  9. sunsoul

sunsoul Rhythm Deputy

Interesting observation about leading being a left-brain activity. But, how does that relate to dreaming...... dreaming would more likely be related to your imagination (right brain), wouldn't it?
  10. chr

chr Shine Officer

I am not sure about that. I more often dream about the "feel" of patterns or certain movements, rather than about some abstract logical entity.

Very often I dream about some patterns and when I try to reproduce it when awake, then I realize that it is either impossible or it would imply some extremely involved movement, like making a salto or moving my partner over my head, but in dreams these kind of moves feel perfectly doable or even natural.
  11. Offbeat

Offbeat Clave Commander

Strange I never ever had any salsa related dream! Am I doomed? :(
  12. sweavo

sweavo Maestro 'Guaguanco' Rodríguez

I believe that dreams are usually inspired by thoughts or emotions that weren't "completed" during the day. Whenever I remember my dreams (which is rare these days) I can often focus in on how I felt during the dream and that feeling will connect with something in my waking life. So I think the people who are dreaming salsa are people who are in a great learning state, and their minds are still working on the material while they sleep, regardless of whether it's the left or right brain. Lucky so-and-so's :)