New Salsa out of Chicago!

Discussion in 'Salsa Music' started by afincao, Jul 14, 2014.

1. afincao

afincao Son

Hello everyone, it's been a while since my last post, but I wanted to share our latest single/music video. Feedback is always welcome!

premier likes this.
  2. Hawaiianham

Hawaiianham Son Montuno

Sounds good! Keep up the good work guys.

One nitpicky opinionated thought...I felt it might be classier if the trumpet player is shown to the side more often than head on, and there should be some shots of him from below since those always look cool.

3. BullitproofSoul

BullitproofSoul Shine Officer

I like this song. The rhythm is good. The melody is ok.

Video is good but a bit racey; I'd have to switch channels if I was watching it with my daughter

Keep making music

4. afincao

afincao Son

Thanks for the feedback..we'll take that into consideration for the next one!

5. afincao

afincao Son

Yes, video is a bit racey, but that's what the song is about...tried to stay true to it. We'll definitely keep the music coming! Thanks for your feedback!

6. BullitproofSoul

Hey since you're on the board, quick question:

for all your legal, publishing, copyrighting stuff, do you guys actually list as "Afinca'o" with the apostrophe? I ask because, two months ago, when I went to register a song I wrote with BMI, entitled "Ahora Esta 'Qui" it wouldn't let me register it with the apostrophe, so I had to put it as "Ahora Esta Qui" which looks kinda lame.

7. afincao

afincao Son

I do list with the apostrophe, but I have to register all the stuff with BMI in the next couple weeks, as we're releasing our first full album. I'll keep you posted on what roadblocks I run into. Where can I find some of your music?

8. BullitproofSoul

You can listen to a few songs I've written, and what you might call "pre-productions" or demos of them, on youtube. here are two songs that I've written that I would love for some band to record:

"La Sangre Llama" (A Hard Salsa)

"Ahora Esta 'Qui" (A Salsa Ballad)

Thanks for showing interest in my music, and keep on making yours!

9. afincao

afincao Son

Somehow, I missed this message and I'm ways late. Did you ever record these songs? I'd love to check 'em out if you did!

10. Marcos

Marcos Son Montuno

While it's not to my tastes, it's good. That was a risky way to use Christian imagery, almost like saying, "I got you to leave your Christian values for me".

As far as feedback, remember that variety is the spice of life. You can cultivate a salsa romantica primary audience by doing that type of track exclusively, but you can still cultivate that audience and have a wider appeal if 10-20% of your tracks are not romantica tracks.

11. afincao

afincao Son

Thanks for the feedback, Marcos! I totally agree with your comment about wider appeal. It's funny because some people always say "define your sound", but we just enjoy making music. Sometimes the lyrics call for something romantica, while other times it calls for something dura. We just kinda go with the flow and try to make music that tells a story, has actual lyrics that mean something and an arrangement that has some interesting stuff that inspires energy from us in the studio and on stage! Check out the rest of our album when you get a chance, there's some other stuff you might dig! https://afincao.bandcamp.com/album/prep-rate

Marcos likes this.