Jesus vs Bhudda vs prophet muhammad

Discussion in 'Salser@s Anonymous' started by nowhiteshoes, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nowhiteshoes

nowhiteshoes Pattern Police

Deleted due to censorship.

2. DJ Ara

DJ Ara Clave Commander

Well, if nothing else, that video upset millions of blindly religious people.....:mrgreen:

Let's hope that they chill out and enjoy it as light hearted fun...

3. David

David Administrator Staff Member

Pulled the vid reference out of the comment too. We all lose when argue about something like this.

4. sweavo

sweavo Maestro 'Guaguanco' Rodríguez

astonishing that in this modern age we are still arguing over whose invisible friend has the biggest hat *sad face*

ok let's get back to fighting over which (also invisible) count we should be stepping on...

5. DJ Ara

DJ Ara Clave Commander

The human race is in a sad state, but luckily there are some who are waking up from the trance.

Of course others still kill and die in the name of their invisible friends, while 'developed' governmental systems all over the world, that should know better, allow all of this madness to go on, without even attempting to educate the masses, but then why should they?

After all, the governments are also in the business of mind control (look up the Latin meaning of the word 'government' - government)and have been doing so - hand in hand with the 'invisible men' religions for thousands of years.

Of course, a little bit of research reveals that the main 'invisible men' religions are nothing but metaphors for older astrological belief systems, including Sun Worship, which are ironically more in tune with what we call reality than the mindless mumbo jumbo sold to the 'sheep'...LOL!

Not forgetting the mostly 'invisible' salsa professionals. ;)

6. DJ Yuca

DJ Yuca Clave Commander

I do not have a religion, but I know that here in the UK, we seem to have discarded Christianity for Godless consumerism over the last few decades. It hasn't improved things at all.

7. Salsa Bear

Salsa Bear Sabor Ambassador

Of course, Latin dance can be a religious experience, in more ways than one.

As for the video, I never heard about it until I saw this thread. Wouldn't it be funny if Jesus - the first social-ist - teamed up with Mohammed against consumerism?

I think there's a dynamite Latin song in there somewhere. Are you reading this, Ruben Blades? ;)

8. sunsoul

sunsoul Rhythm Deputy

There is no problem discussing religion or sharing different views in a respectful manner (I have been at a number of interfaith meetings in the past) but this type of video is not respectful and could be offensive to quite a few!

9. wildbill20056

wildbill20056 Sabor Ambassador

Wow welcome to the Zeitgeist guide to religion.

Fortunately a great deal of research reveals there is far more to the Judeo-Christian religions, and in fact most of the non overtly nature based religions than that.

Most often coming down to real people, living real lives and inspiring others by their example.

10. Salsa Bear

That's why I've become a big fan of Maria Lionza, which embraces Simon Bolivar. Can't wait till Hugo Chavez and Che Guevara are added. ;)

11. DJ Ara

DJ Ara Clave Commander

I guess that would be because when you look beyond the mumbo jumbo story of Christianity (and by extension other 'Book' religions), then you will see that it is all business. Modern banking seems to originate in Rome and through Rome the Vatican and the Knights Templars who reputedly established the roots of international banking.

It is all cut throat (often literally) BUSINESS or an ENTERPRISE, if you will, hidden behind sugar coated messages on one level and Astrology on another (higher) level.

12. DJ Ara

DJ Ara Clave Commander

I would hazard a guess that for each person who has been 'inspired' and/or conned into a false state of glazzy eyed spiritual fulfillment, there are thousands of often tortured corpses rotting in the sands of history......

13. Salsa Bear

As a former teacher in a school(s) taken over by Bill Gates, I can generally vouch for that. I pray for a global awakening, and I pray that it comes on the wings of Latin music, because South America is the only continent that appears to have its act together, and music in the U.S. died in the '70s.

14. DJ Ara

DJ Ara Clave Commander

Yep, don't mess with 'god'. :mrgreen:

15. DJ Ara

DJ Ara Clave Commander

The global awakening is happening, already, but wether it will be fast enough is another question. Right now South American economies such as Brasil, Chile and Colombia are doing very well, but having said that, on my last visits to Brasil, I have noticed that some of their larger companies have been swallowed up by foreign multinationals.

In Brasil and here in Colombia 'foreign' control mechanisms disguised under banners such as Human Rights and environmental protection (Man made Global Warming - IMHO a total SCAM!) are sabotaging the justice system, cost of living, etc.

So, South America is not out of the woods yet, IMHO.

16. Salsa Bear

Exactly - which means they need to finish the job people like Simon Bolivar, Salvador Allende, Che Guevara and Hugo Chavez. That doesn't mean they have to embrace so******m, but they need to kick the U.S. out, along with "free market" capitalism.

I don't agree about global warming being a scam, though. The U.S. human rights machine is a fraud, but you can't dump that much heat and pollution into the environment without some side effects. Residents of the Gulf Coast can vouch for that. ;)

17. tocatimba

tocatimba Shine Officer

An interesting pantheon of heros SB. The first two I would say were very much interested in liberty and human rights. The last two I would say were very much against it.

I'm always amazed at people who wear Che T-shirts. Are they really that ignorant of what he believed, did, and thought? The watch some claptrap like the Motorcycle Diaries and think that Che was a great humanitarian. Have they ever heard the phrase "el carnicero de La Cabaña" (the butcher of the La Cabaña)? The Cabaña is the big fort that overlooks Havana Harbour. Do they know what the "hombre nuevo" philosophy was and how it was to be brought about? Do they know that Che was furious with the Soviets for not firing off the missiles and precipitating a nuclear holocaust during the Cuban missile crisis? He was a true believer....no different than the religious fanatics that want to blow up buildings or murder people for any perceived slight to their religion.

Hugo Chavez is a democratically elected president. I don't agree with his politics or his treatment of political dissenters in his country but that is entirely a Venezuelan call as far as I'm concerned

18. Salsa Bear

I'm not sure about Chavez' economic policies; I think he might be a little too so******t for my liking. I'm a big believer in a so-called mixed economy.

But overall, I LOVE Chavez' politics. His treatment of political dissenters is probably far better than the U.S. government's; here, protesters are routinely beaten and even murdered while political prisoners like Leonard Peletier rot in prison. I am disappointed that Chavez doesn't bash Obama the way he bashed George W. Bush. Why does the entire world seem hypnotized by Obama when he's no different than Bush?

Many critics make a big deal of the fact that Che Guevara killed people - while ignoring the millions of people the U.S. murdered and continues to murder. Che fought in the Cuban Revolution. Rather than hide in some command bunker, he fought on the front lines.

After the war, he executed some people. As long as they were guilty as charged, that's a good thing, because there can be no reform without accountability. If you don't agree it's a good thing, then you can't condemn Che Guevara without condemning virtually every U.S. President.

I'm not really happy with the fact that Cuba became a dictatorship, though that might have been a logical choice given the fact that the most powerful nation on the planet has never stopped plotting to overthrow the government.

I think the Cuban people are a lot better fed and educated than residents of many Latin nations that kissed Uncle Sam's butt.

I also feel a personal connection to Che because he died in a run down school, just as I did (figuratively speaking, of course). Before he died, he pointed out the poor condition of the schoolhouse to a teacher, stating that it was "anti-pedagogical" to expect campesino students to be educated there, while "government officials drive Mercedes cars." He said "that's what we are fighting against."

It sounds like the teacher had a favorable impression of Che, and I suspect Bolivia's new president, Evo Morales, respects what he was trying to accomplish before he was murdered by the CIA as well.

"I Met Che Guevara's Ghost" - nemoo.wordpress.com/2007/10/02/when-i-met-che-guevaras-ghost/

If Che Guevara, Fidel Castro and Hugo Chavez can all be considered bad men, then we're left with an interesting question: Who are the good guys?

The thousands of Vietcong who heroically fought the U.S. against impossible odds were all dirty communists and faceless "gooks;" no heroes there. Of course, it's impossible for any Arab or Muslim to be a hero - there are no freedom fighters in Iraqistan, just terrorists. Nor should we respect any Latino who dared to thumb his nose at the U.S.; Salvador Allende deserved to die, and that famous Chilean folk singer deserved to be tortured to death.

I prefer to give credit where credit's due. Che Guevara fought the good fight, and he didn't create the torture center at Guantanamo Bay.

19. wildbill20056

wildbill20056 Sabor Ambassador

Oh what utter pseudo historical rubbish.

There isn't even a point having discussion with someone so ill informed and prone to bizarre assertions.

What gave rise to Universities? Oh right, the Christian Church.

Sheesh, I won't be replying again. Enjoy Zeitgeist 5000 when it comes out.

20. tocatimba

tocatimba Shine Officer

OK SB. I'm certainly not going to defend USA foreign policy. I agree with your statements about Guantanamo and equally lament Obama's seeming incapacity to do
    what is right.

But I don't think you can defend every human rights outrage perpetrated around the world by cavalierly saying "well the USA does worse". Che was a murderer by my books. Remember how Batista treated the Castros after the failed Attempt on the Moncada Barracks? Remember, this was an armed insurrection, people were killed, and the Castros were captured. What happened? They weren't executed. The Castros were sent into exile and later returned on the Granma ..... The point is, what do you do to your enemies when they are on their knees before you? Che supposedly made a point of personally executing many many people ..... in cold blood. That sort of a person could never be my hero.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.