Is Kizomba just dry humping?

Discussion in 'Salser@s Anonymous' started by nowhiteshoes, Jun 15, 2013.

1. vit

vit El Sabroso de Conguero

Well, it is awful kind of music ...

Yes, it is tarraxinha as written in the clip title ... and yes, you can dance it to any music with some beat, even bachata :)

I actually posted it because tarraxinha shown here looks ok to me, unlike his tarraxinha video lesson recorded about a year earlier and also posted here a few months ago, that I didn't like ... don't know did he actually get it in the meantime, or it was the case of teachers not dancing what they teach

2. Smejmoon

Smejmoon El Sabroso de Conguero

While every time someone forces me into kizomba room it's dry humping, there is more to kizomba than that..
    Battle between two Asian capitals. Amazing!

3. Aurel

Aurel Sonero

They are dancing tarraxinha, not kizomba. They can actually dance kizomba and she is a lovely follow (or at least was a couple of years back when I got the chance to dance with her), but that requires different music ofc. Although, Nemanja is now more of a fusion/urban kizz guy.

The music is: C4 Pedro - Robocop

vit likes this.
  4. Offbeat

Offbeat Maestro 'Fania' Pacheco

Kinda splitting the hair! Only kizomba dances dance tarraxinha! Though see it creeping into the 'sensual' bachata sometimes.

What music do you dance tarraxinha to :D

5. Aurel

Aurel Sonero

Well, it indeed is quite fuzzy. There sure are dances and songs where you know it's definitely tarraxa but there are also many songs and dances where it ends up being a mix between slow & static kizomba and tarraxinha. Apart from those clear tarraxa songs, I often say that I dance sort of tarraxinha to songs that feel static to me, i.e. I in my mind they don't musically fit with doing any steps, so I just dance in place - shifting weight and bunda/body movement.

Songs that I like to dance in place/tarraxinha but I would probably put them under ghetto zouk:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017 at 11:52 PM
  6. Aurel

Aurel Sonero

Songs that are tarraxa:

7. vit

I think that even miss universe wouldn't make me dance to second group of clips ...o_O

Offbeat and Aurel like this.
  8. Aurel

Aurel Sonero

:D:D believe it or not, this is not even the hard-core stuff :dancingbanana:

Smejmoon and vit like this.
  9. vit

10. Offbeat

Offbeat Maestro 'Fania' Pacheco

Vit is only into ultra hardcore :p