Is Kizomba just dry humping?

Discussion in 'Salser@s Anonymous' started by nowhiteshoes, Jun 15, 2013.

1. nowhiteshoes

nowhiteshoes Pattern Police

It certainly looks that way to me!

Please discuss.

2. sunsoul

sunsoul Shine Officer

Post a video of you dancing kizomba and we can discuss............ at great length.

3. Tina

Tina Tumbao

Actually, theres hardly any contact, its just an illusion. I think its better than bachata.

zorba and Tres Fort like this.
  4. matty

matty Shine Officer

going by the little I have seen, it looks to me like some weird combination of reggaeton and tango sellotaped together.

tangaton !

ColdSalsero likes this.
  5. Big10

Big10 Shine Officer

It's similar to Bachata in the sense that sometimes there is just the illusion of contact and other times there is a lot of actual contact. Just depends on what the dancers are personally comfortable with.

Smejmoon and vit like this.
  6. DJ Ara

DJ Ara Clave Commander

Ummmm "Tangaton". Yep, that has a good ring to it! :D

7. DJ Ara

DJ Ara Clave Commander

Which does not make it that different from what one can do during salsa dancing! ;)

8. DJ Ara

DJ Ara Clave Commander

Why dry hump when you have choice to do real thing? I say this because I am a hardcore kind of a guy! :cool:

toan-hoang likes this.
  9. Smejmoon

Smejmoon Clave Commander

Often it is, but doesn't have to. It's tangolike dance and semba music is good.

10. bas

bas Rhythm Deputy

Kizomba, no. Taraxinha on the other hand can (and tends to) involve a lot of dry humping.

11. DJ Yuca

DJ Yuca El Sabroso de Conguero

There's more to it than simply dry humping.

It's actually dry humping whilst falling asleep, accompanied by a poor quality version of poor quality music.

ColdSalsero, tallpaul and tgharib like this.
  12. MMaatttt

MMaatttt Shine Officer

It does seem like most of the Kizomba leads I've spoken to at congresses have a story about their follow falling asleep during a dance. It's a badge of honour if they can keep them asleep for the whole song.

tallpaul and Aurel like this.
  13. DJ Ara

DJ Ara Clave Commander

All that is missing is the dancers then sucking on an unlit cigarette after completion of their "dance"! :D

14. Kading

Kading Rhythm Deputy

People who dance kizomba are more into the sensual aspect of it and not really the music I think.
    People also hook up way more often in the kizomba scene than in the salsa scene.

15. DJ Ara

DJ Ara Clave Commander

No so long ago, people had little problem hooking up in salsa clubs, at least in London. People would dance very close if they so wished and not so close, if they did not!

Of course, this was before the days of the pattern monkeys and their incredible abitlity to turn a rich musical and sensual dance genre into "modern robotics"!

matty likes this.
  16. Kading

Kading Rhythm Deputy

Well most salsa music wouldn´t make me wanna dance as close as for example bachata (or kizomba but I dont dance that), except salsa romantica.

17. flowrite

flowrite Sonero

They can do what they like in another room for all I care where it's not taking up valuable salsa time.

super_tuga, DJ Ara and vata07 like this.
  18. vata07

vata07 Descarga

Ironically I think the pattern monkeys are the ones that do get to "hook up" these days as they've passed the "creep test" from the women in that they're actually there to dance and have fun as opposed to intentionally trying to hook up....then again most men in the beginning come to salsa to get women, lol.

19. DJ Ara

DJ Ara Clave Commander

I would personally get them a remote island on the pacific, with an active volcano, if at all possible!:D

20. DJ Ara

DJ Ara Clave Commander

I agree, but I don't think that the sex will that good for the women at least.

I mean, imagine any poor woman being turned and made to change positions by the man around 75 times during a single session of love making! :D