Is anyone headed to the Chicago Salsa Festival?

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by naturallove, May 10, 2010.

1. naturallove

naturallove Sonero

This event is very close to me, so I was thinking of attending this year. However, it's been hard to find out details--anyone know more about dates, who is performing and if a schedule is currently posted?

2. amanda

amanda Changui

This year's Chicago Salsa Congress has been held in February 11-14, 2010 at The Westin O'Hare.
    Next year (2011) will be the 10th Anniversary of Annual Chicago Salsa Congress and it will be held from February 17th to February 20th, 2011.

http://www.dancerz.com/amanda
    The World's Dance Network

3. jaytea

jaytea Changui

True, the Chicago International Salsa Congress has already been held. However, it looks as if the Salsa Festival has changed its name to the Latin Street Salsa Congreso and will be taking place next month! (June 24th-27th)

I'm planning on attending at least one night of social dancing. Maybe more, depending on how my schedule looks.

More info can be found at latinstreetcongreso.com
    :D

4. jaytea

jaytea Changui

Also, if you're close to Chicago, you could check out Chicago Summer Dance, which has lessons and live music (and a dance floor!) in Grant Park. (explorechicago.org/city/en/things_see_do/event_landing/special_events/dca_tourism/Chicago_SummerDance.html)

I'm really excited about that!

5. catarina

catarina Son Montuno

Okay, I will be at SummerDance events that weekend, and maybe at one of the Latin Street evening events, but am not sure yet. They incorporate a lot of summerdance options that weekend--an opening event in the parks: Humboldt Park Boat House--outdoors overlooking a pond (Humboldt Park is gorgeous!), the regular summerdance venue downtown, and at Navy Pier. Latin Street events are generally well done too, so if you're considering it, come on in town!