I'm Great

Discussion in 'Salser@s Anonymous' started by AndrewS, Aug 20, 2012.

1. azana

azana Super Moderator Staff Member

As I was putting my latest hockey trophy on the designated shelf, I knocked one of my netball trophies onto the floor, which promptly broke into four pieces. What shoddy construction. I can't screw the netball player back on top so that she's facing forward. Doesn't make sense.

Actually, all the time I was living overseas, I forgot about them, and would have had no idea where they all were; when I returned to Australia, I discovered my mother had collected them all together, kept them safe and clean, and made a shelf for and displayed them when I bought a unit. It was very sweet.

2. MAMBO_CEC

MAMBO_CEC Sabor Ambassador

I am so great this guy comes to me for advice:[​IMG]

calichris10 and groovetpt like this.
  3. azana

Finally found a netball team that needed a centre. It's such a popular sport it's hard to find teams with vacancies. My first game in, er, a very long time. I won the best on court :D. The MVP certificate came with a drink voucher, but I was so excited I said to the umpires "Nup. That is going straight to the pool room". Well, on the fridge, anyway :).

It feels SO good to be playing netball again; it was always my best sport. Still on a high :).

4. terence

terence Maestro 'Descarga' Cachao

OK ....... but, hows about those Braves, trading the #1 shortstop in BB for 2 young pitchers :confused: ... time will tell

5. azana

T, I have given up trying to work out what they're doing...it's so frustrating! Seems as if no one except Freeman is sacred. It was painful watching the likes of Medlen and Heyward in the playoffs ( and winning a gold glove) for other teams :(. I don't know how long it will be before our next winning season :(.

6. terence

terence Maestro 'Descarga' Cachao

The opinion of some sports pundits is,, they ( the Bravos ) think they have 2 prospects , who may be another Smoltz /Glavine /Maddox pick any combo .
    I guess its time to re-build the franchise .

The playoffs, according to most , went as a foregone conclusion, and some are saying the Mets were a year too early... could prove to be an interesting season ..

7. azana

Blasphemy!! :)

The Dodgers have the Kershaw-Greinke combo, but unfortunately keep coming up short; would be nice to see them win one. The Mets? Noooo! :)

8. Offbeat

Offbeat ¬°WEPA!

Dodgers are never going to win in foreseeable future :)

9. azana

Spoken like a true San Franciscan...:p

10. Offbeat

Offbeat ¬°WEPA!

I don't have any axe to grind and I don't follow baseball unless SF Giants are in playoffs. They not being in playoffs doesn't affect me either way. In short I am neutral and disinterested party :)

But having seen Dodgers melt away in the playoffs for past two years, I think they are overrated. I bet if Dodgers were located in a smaller city and not LA, they wouldn't be so over rated. They are not simply that good :p

True, no SF fan likes Dodgers!!

11. azana

You know those magic times when your hockey stick just does amazing things. Don't know how, don't know why... I've just transferred clubs and been promoted to a higher grade and I was just so incredibly nervous for today's first game. At first I was put in at back (say what?) but it only took five or so minutes before the coach announced "Okay! (Azana) go right inner!" Now that's more like it :D. I just need to run. At one point I received the ball and luckily my wing made a great call so I knew exactly where she was, three defenders approached and attacked; and then the stick took over. It just manoeuvred its way with the ball through and past the three defenders and I got the pass off to the wing. Don't know how the stick did it but it felt good :). The best part was a group of guys on the sidelines supporting our team all yelling out "Oh! Wow! Woo!" Had to smile.

Really needed a nerve settler like that :).

Aurel likes this.