I'm Getting Married and I Need Your Help!

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by LANewbie, Sep 2, 2008.

1. LANewbie

LANewbie Changui

My fiancee really wants me to learn a salsa dance before our November 1st wedding, and since we're very - um - rhythm-challenged - we were looking for a familiar American pop song that has been remixed with a salsa beat.

Does anybody have any recommendations or website resources where we could find some popular song with English lyrics that has been salsafied for people like me?

Thank you SO much for your generosity. My fiancee thanks you even more!

Evan
  2. Big10

Big10 Shine Officer

Some English-language songs remain decent when they're "salsified," but some are horrible. I do have a couple of albums along the lines of what you're looking for (and each one has a few pretty good songs), so try Google searches for these:

"The Best...Salsa in English" -- (compilation by various artists)

"Put a Little Salsa in Your Life" -- David Cedeño
  3. smiling28

smiling28 Moderator

Good luck and congratulations!

(secretly hope you get the salsa bug lol) or at least a better appreciation of the dance. I am sure you will be great.

Firstly, I ay to all my friends dancing at their weddings that no one is expecting 'so you think you can dance' or a world championships. People just want to see two people very much in love and together!!!

SO please choose a song that you both enjoy and focus your energies on enjoying the learning process together not putting extra pressure on you both.

As for songs, hmm there is a lenny Kravitz salsa song if I recall

'thinking of you' Lenny Kravitz

Hope that helps :)
  4. smiling28

smiling28 Moderator

5. smiling28

smiling28 Moderator

also

la la I love you

(something like that found it on a Music counting cd (mike bello)
  6. miércoles

miércoles Nuevo Ritmo

7. sweavo

sweavo Maestro 'Guaguanco' Rodríguez

Lady - the old soppy English-language classic. Originally sung by Kenny Rogers (update: it looks like it was written by lionel richie)

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/k/kenny rogers/lady_20077869.html

I have no clue who recorded the salsa version though; though I'm sure someone will chime in with it, it's not rare!
  8. sweavo

sweavo Maestro 'Guaguanco' Rodríguez

There is also a "Lady In Red" to a salsa beat. I know, my girlfriend has forced me to dance with her to it :)
  9. AndrewD

AndrewD Shine Officer

I'm getting married on the same day :)

Have a great time!
  10. Jolinia

Jolinia Descarga

I think it was La Palabra (Fito Foster).

Congratulations an all the best to you!
  11. Jambo

Jambo El Sabroso de Conguero

Congratulations LANewbie and AndrewD :banana:

How about 'Suddenly' by Louie Ramírez & Ray De La Paz :) Very romantic and quite a decent salsa track too!! :)

You can hear a little clip here:
    imeem.com/mayalove86/music/swbBRfN8/suddenly/
  12. chrisk

chrisk Super Moderator Staff Member

First, welcome to SF, LANewbie!

Then, congratulations, all the best and a wonderful wedding to both of you, LANewbie and AndrewD! :)

Now, as for the music, Jolinia got it right, the most famous version of 'Lady' is by Orquesta La Palabra from the CD 'on fire'. The song 'Lady in red' that Sweavo mentioned is by David Cedeno and from the CD that Big10 already mentioned 'put a little Salsa in your life'.

As the music should be for a wedding, what about 'I'll always love you' by Tito Nieves? Take a look at the lyrics here:
    lyricstime.com/tito-nieves-i-ll-always-love-you-lyrics.htm
  13. pr

pr Capitán Del Estilo

14. Flujo

Flujo Sabor Ambassador

Congratulations to the both of you! :)