Gifts given to Choreographers

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by opm1s6, Dec 14, 2008.

1. opm1s6

opm1s6 Sabor Ambassador

Gift Ideas for Choreographers

I'm trying to think of a gift for a friend of mine who choreographed a recent performance, but I'm not sure exactly what I want to get. Any ideas?

2. vancouverguy

vancouverguy Sonero

I like to give the gift that keeps on giving. An un-spayed cat!
    :uplaugh:

But seriously. My coaches are getting a CD, and the studio a framed piece of art with a dance theme. They can hang it in the studio, or take it home. I would not do clothing, but a gift card to Nordstoms, Macy's, Kohls works well, as we seldom splurge on ourselves (especially during the holidays when we tend to spend on others). You KNOW they are getting something they like/want, and takes the pressure off of trying to second guess if they might like what you are considering getting them (drives me nuts).

3. smiling28

smiling28 Moderator

Awesome, tell us more about the friend so we can match the gift :)

4. TrulyMadlyAmanda

TrulyMadlyAmanda Shine Officer

lol. co-incidentally, i'm giving myself a fluffy kitten for xmas... :cool:

how about a nice professional photo of your team/couple in a pose from the performance, in a good frame, with a handwritten thank you note in the frame too, and a label giving the name of the piece, performers names, dates, music ref, choreographer's name etc...?

5. opm1s6

opm1s6 Sabor Ambassador

ummm ok, that's an odd question....loves ismael rivera and does plenty of afro-cuben rumba

6. TrulyMadlyAmanda

isnt it normal to try to know what a person's likes and dislikes are, before buying them a gift? :confused: i'm confused now...

7. opm1s6

opm1s6 Sabor Ambassador

it's a performance gift! this isn't christmas people, it's just a token from the group to say thank you. :p

8. vancouverguy

vancouverguy Sonero

Now I understand better.

A nice picture of the group signed by all of them? If that's possible. Those things become more and more appreciated as time goes on.

9. TrulyMadlyAmanda

it's the internet, so i'm honour-bound to be as pedantic as possible here, and say that if the gift merits enough thought for you to ask for suggestions, then it should be tailor-made to the recipient's taste.

if it really is completely token, just a gift voucher/card to a popular store, box of chocolates, bottle of booze, or anything else generically acceptable to anyone...

:p:p;)

10. opm1s6

opm1s6 Sabor Ambassador

bah...you guys suck :p and here I was hoping you'd do all the work for me ;)

Well we're going with a custom gift bag, full with a nice set of clave sticks, two afro-cuban rumba dvds, an afro-cuban cd and umm....a nice thank you note, and hopefully the picture of all of us.