Buzzing from last night . . .

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by Terremoto, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Terremoto

Terremoto Pattern Police

So I decided that we needed a thread for when we had such a good time last night that we are still buzzing in the morning :D

I went out last night to a halloween costume party. It was soooo much fun!!! I am definately buzzing this morning!!

Salsa costume parties are so much fun - some people come in masks and you have to guess who they are. People come in rediculous costumes and then try and dance - last year a guy came in a full on football outfit with helmet and shoulder pads and was out there dancing.

so anyways - I went dressed as Nacho Libre (Jack Black's character). I changed my avatar to my costume from last night.

There was a costume dance contest - where you had to dance like your character. I won first place!!! Totally sweet!!

It was just a good night - everyone was laughing and there were a lot of ladies to dance with. I only sat down a couple of times to catch my breath and cool off - that costume was way too hot - next time I'm opting for something with less clothing :shock:

And the best part - I took today off from work - I have some stuff going on so I decided to just take the day off, sleep in, and take care of the personal matters!!!!

2. AndrewD

AndrewD Shine Officer

Awesome stuff Terre!

I've got a Halloween party next week; last year I didn't wear an outfit - this year I'm a skeleton. I'm really looking forward to it now (thanks to your post).

3. SnowDancer

SnowDancer Clave Commander

Hey, congratulations on winning the contest.

4. Terremoto

Terremoto Pattern Police

Thanks guys. The rest of the weekend for salsa dancing was so-so. But I have pics from last Thursday that still make me smile!!

5. smiling28

smiling28 Moderator

GREAT WORK MATE!!!

It is amazing that you get back what you give and by the sound of your costume and winning performance, you gave a LOT of energy that night!

Well done!

*looking forward to the video ;)

6. tj

tj Shine Officer

Lol, love the costume!

7. SnowDancer

My turn to buzz! :D I had a great time last night, danced as much as I had endurance for, and even got approached for dances a few times. Plus, there were two nice things that I attribute to Salsa Forums: :banana:

* When "El Cantante" started playing, I found a woman who looked really excited about the song, and had a great dance. And I got a few really nice smiles from her when I sang along. So, thanks to whoever posted the lyrics here in another thread. :cheers:

* The DJ played my request for "La Salsa Nunca se Acaba", one of my favorite songs, which I heard about from "Unlikely Salsero".

I also relearned a lesson I keep forgetting: If I go out determined to do new patterns I've learned, I end up having a frustrating evening. But if I just try to dance smoothly and pay attention to the music, it's far better. And my partners seem much happier too, even if I'm just doing mostly simple moves.

8. nowhiteshoes

nowhiteshoes Pattern Police

danced with a stunning girl tonight. one of the best dances of my life, really played with the music. she told me ive got a really clear lead right on time and she was thinking that early in the dance. the smile i got at the end of the dance is the reaction i want all the time! (got quite a few big smiles from girls ive not danced with in a while and commenting on my progress). im in the zone 8) ... although we'll see next time i go out :shock: .

9. smiling28

smiling28 Moderator

WOOHOO!

The zone, loving it and keep it up!

10. Terremoto

Terremoto Pattern Police

The zone is a thing of beauty!!

11. SnowDancer

That's what's going to keep you addicted. Almost makes one worry that they'll make salsa illegal.:twisted:

Congratulations!

12. nowhiteshoes

nowhiteshoes Pattern Police

thanks guys.

ps im not addicted i just want to go dancing every night :twisted: .
    ill stick to the 3/4 nights a week. im at the stage where my non salsa friends are phoning less and less and im phoning salsa friends more and more. i try and do something once a week with the 'civilians' ;)

13. Terremoto

Terremoto Pattern Police

Denial is the first stage of the addiction :D

14. smiling28

smiling28 Moderator

civilians - ha ha :)

Like the matrix, blue pill or red pill and no going back :) :) :)

15. tj

tj Shine Officer

...well, it is "officially morning".

You know you've had a good night when it suddenly hits you that you're feeling tired, and you finally look at the clock and it's 2AM. Then when you get home, you're still too hyped to fall asleep.

Good thing for SF!

16. irishgirl

irishgirl Rhythm Deputy

i am just in from salsa in Durham, North Carolina at the Cobo brothers monthly social

It was a great night, there are some amazing dancers down here and I got to dance with both of the Cobo brothers :) Plus several excellent dances with my friend that I came to see :)

I should add, that both milton and james are suuuuuuuuuuuper smoooth...as are all the dancers that are trained by them....

(should go to bed now!)

17. Terremoto

Terremoto Pattern Police

Glad you had a good night TJ!! (Get some rest!! :D )

18. Terremoto

Terremoto Pattern Police

:eek: :eek: :eek:

19. Jolinia

Jolinia Descarga

I'm still on a HIGH from last night :D :D :D :D
    After weeks of lame parties or parties where nobody showed up or closed venues, last night I went to a salsa party organized by a local cuban salsa school. They had invited a bunch of dancers and instructors from Mallorca, Spain, and it was such a great party!! The whole room was exploding with energy and fun.
    I went on a salsa date with a guy to figure out if we harmonized and maybe become dance partners and take classes together. It turned out he is a cuban style dancer, while I'm cross body style, so one would think not the best condidions for becoming dance partners. But we harmonized surprizingly well on the dancefloor and had such a great connection. I had so much fun dancing with him like with no other local cuban style dancer before (Usually I'm not a great cuban fan, but I'll dance it if somebody asks me). I got my long needed fix with him - and I'm still on cloud nine. :D :D :D

Oh, and for those of you who are not big merengue fans - instead of sitting it out the next time, try a polonaise - WAAAAAY too much fun :twisted:
    Boy, those Mallorcans knew how to party!

20. sweavo

sweavo Maestro 'Guaguanco' Rodríguez

yay! Go Jolinia! :rocker: :banana: