Berlin Feedback

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by lyndwode, Sep 18, 2008.

1. lyndwode

lyndwode Tumbao

Any comments? Positive or negative! :D

a
  2. chrisk

chrisk Super Moderator Staff Member

Well, I overall enjoyed the congress and I'm still kind of buzzing from it. Depending on my dance partner and our decision, we might be back next year. :)

But some workshops were a bit too crowded and also I missed some 'intermediate on2' workshops, as nearly everthing was 'advanced on2'. And the party on sunday was at the beginning too crowded so that you had a hard time finding some dancing space. Thankfully the problem got better as times passed. On the positive side I enjoyed the wide offer of workshops, ie. afro-cuban, chacha, etc. Also the DJs and their music selection was fantastic.
  3. nowhiteshoes

nowhiteshoes Pattern Police

i didnt really like the venue on the sunday. although i didnt know there was a third room open :mad:. there was also a time period of at least 45 minutes (maybe an hour) with no salsa in any room - when the rap music was played downstairs, upstairs the music was merengue/bachcata - maybe the dj's could have been in touch? but it did end up being my best dancing night (after 2am). these are only minor points as i really enjoyed the congress
  4. Jolinia

Jolinia Descarga

I really enjoyed the congress! It was well organized and I felt taken care of in terms of directions, maps etc. All the volunteers seemed pretty friendly and helpful too.
    As opposed to nowhiteshoes I liked the location on Sunday. It was a little crowded at first but after all rooms were opened I liked the fact that I could wander around the different rooms with different music.
    And as chrisk had already said, I also felt that some of the workshops were too crowded but I guess that's often the problem with popular workshops/teachers.
  5. lyndwode

lyndwode Tumbao

Yes the problem with overcrowding was quite obvious in some classes :) we are looking at new locations for next year, but it is just so nice there :D !!! Unfortunately, the Sunday party is just the "regular" sunday night party + the congres people. There were the local DJs upstairs and the congress DJs downstairs. We have no influence on that, and they have no connection, unfortunately...the other room was awsome, Mauri announced it, but since he had no microphone, not everyone heard it :( I left as well, when Mauri started with the Hip hop/Indie thing, but just cause I was beat, and had to start a new job on monday! I was told that the party went on till around five, till the location manager had to throw everyone out! Crazy! It was still full!

a
  6. nowhiteshoes

nowhiteshoes Pattern Police

yeah the music was awsome after the hip hop, that and the dances were probably the highlight of my weekend