Anything special in the Randstad, The Netherlands, Sat 13 Marth?

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by SalsaGipsy, Mar 5, 2010.

1. SalsaGipsy

SalsaGipsy Capitán Del Estilo

I would be grateful if you have any suggestions for special salsa events on Saturday 13 March in the area of Rotterdam, The Hague, Leiden, Utrecht or Amsterdam. I'm not looking for just a place to dance but an event you think would be great to go to and worth the travel.

Also anybody thinking of going to Dos Bailadores in Leiden on 12 March? :D

2. smiling28

smiling28 Moderator

Hey,

A couple of forum members are going to the Ulm Congress on the Saturday. YOu may even be able to get a lift from Netherlands as Bas is driving with GuyDC. If they have room. Maybe contact Bas.

It would be lovely to meet and dance with you :)

3. SalsaGipsy

Thanks smiling! Would be great to meet you, bas and guyDC but it will have to be some other time :(

Have a great time and keep reporting - fantastic that at least some of us live life to the max :D Oh and pictures will be appreciated too ;) Smiling lost in an unnamed town, Smiling at a wild salsa party in the unnamed town, Smiling sleeping on a bench, Smiling dancing with a celebrity ... :D

4. bas

bas Rhythm Deputy

I'll most likely be in Dos on Friday :)

As for Saturday, normally there is a party at v/d Meulen-wesseling (The Hague) every 2nd Saturday of the month so that should be on.

I'll check later today to make sure. I'll also check what else may be going on.

If I haven't given an update by tomorrow feel free to remind me as I most likely will have forgotten. For some reason I seem to be a bit sleepy today :)

5. SalsaGipsy

Ooooh that would be great! :D I don't know 100% about Dos yet but the chances are good. If we make it there we should be able to recognise each other. I've seen pictures of you and you can take a look at the SF compilations.

Unfortnately the SalsAventura party is on 20th. I was hoping it would be on but no luck. I saw that Morry gives an interesting bootcamp on 13th during the day but I doubt I would be able to make it there.

6. bas

bas Rhythm Deputy

I just realized why the SalsaVentura party is not on the 13th. It is the night of "Stadsbal", a gala party in city hall with ballroom, tango and salsa. We went with a group last year and had a great time. They played salsa in the main area the entire time we were there.

Apparently there is a party in Amsterdam with a live band (Salsabor, 18 people).

If I hear of anything else I'll update again :)

7. SalsaGipsy

The Stadsbal sounds great. I'll try to go there if I can convince my friends. Thanks a lot, bas, that was the kind of thing I was looking for.

8. GuyDC

GuyDC Tumbao

9. SalsaGipsy

Thanks for the info, GuyDC!

10. Berend

Berend Son Montuno

Stadsbal is once a year and it's absolutely an event you have to go to (if you have the chance) Great performers and good music. Also, who doesn't like dancing in a City Hall? :D

Link: http://www.stadsbal.nl/default.asp?content_id=1&height=569 (it's Dutch though)

Time: 20.00 till 3.00
    Close to train station (about 10 min. walk)

11. GuyDC

GuyDC Tumbao

I'm trying to decide between Stadsbal or the Tipica Salsa Weekend III in Nijmegen. :confused: :D

12. SalsaGipsy

Thanks for the info, everybody!

I was away from Internet for a few days but I can now report that I successfully attended both Dos Bailadores and the Stadsbal and enjoyed both. :D I hope to do more dancing when I go to NL again next time and hopefully meet you all.

13. bas

bas Rhythm Deputy

Glad to hear you had a good time.

A fever kept me from going out Friday but as it sounds like you'll be back, perhaps next time :)

14. SalsaGipsy

Sorry to hear that you were ill. I hope you recovered quickly.

There will definitely be other opportunities in the future. :)