A very sad day and a huge loss.

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by Jambo, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Jambo

Jambo El Sabroso de Conguero

This is really sad news. Lee Wright (mamboboy21) died in a car crash this morning.

He was such a inspiration to many and a shining star. My heart goes out to Shelley, his family and friends and everyone in the salsa scene who will miss him so much.

RIP Lee x

2. crazygirl

crazygirl Rhythm Deputy

Oh my where did you hear this? I felt sick when I read this as I saw him this week and this is just too shocking.

3. Jambo

Shelley has confirmed the very sad news on facebook:

4. KP-salsa

KP-salsa Shine Officer

I can't imagine anyone else leaving such a huge hole in both the social and the professional salsa scene - certainly in the UK. He was so full of life and even if you only really knew him for about a week (me and Mrs KP spent a week with Lee and Shelley on the Eagle Tours holiday in Barcelona this year) he acted as though you'd been best friends all your life.

I can't even begin to imagine how devestated Shelley must be - best friend, dance partner, flat-mate - but I'm sure that their many many friends will be helping her in this dreadful time.

Such a sad loss - the world has lost a bit of sparkle this morning.

5. Jambo

6. salsashoes

salsashoes Sonero

Well said KP. I am lost for words.

7. tj

tj Shine Officer

That's awful. He will be missed.

8. Jambo

These aren't really common initials so I think it may be Lee's partner Mat, my heart goes out to him.

9. azzey

azzey El Sabroso de Conguero

I didn't know Lee but it is a sad loss to everyone.

10. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Likewise. My thoughts and prayers go out to his friends, family, and everyone else who knew him.

11. sweavo

sweavo Maestro 'Guaguanco' Rodríguez

Wow, this is terrible news. Although I never spoke face to face, I found him and Shelley very inspiring, and nothing but good vibes from them both. So I'll be thinking of Shelley and of the space Lee has left. And I'm going to try to sparkle just a little bit more out there in his memory.

12. narcosis

narcosis Sonero

This is terrible news and I don't think I can express my sadness adequately. May he be in a better place now.

13. Jambo

It's now been confirmed that the seriously injured person is Mat. They were both in the back of the car traveling to the hotel and were hit from behind by a car traveling at high speed. Lee was killed instantly and Mat was seriously injured. The driver of the speeding car survived but his wife was also killed in the accident.

14. MacMoto

MacMoto Administrator Staff Member

I have just heard the news and still can't take it in. Lee was one of those people who made salsa a wonderful place. He touched everyone he met with his sunny personality, and as KP says, even though I only met him a few times, he always treated me as if we were best friends. My heart goes out to his family and friends, and of course, Shelley.

15. theamoebaman

theamoebaman Son Montuno

I've just heard the news as well and even though I don't know Lee, from the posts I can tell he was a much loved individual. Condolences for his family and friends for the sad loss and he will be missed but never forgotten.

16. smiling28

smiling28 Moderator

My goodness, my condolences and I hope that the people that knew him still hold him high in their hearts and thoughts by continuing to be inspired by the life that Lee lived.

17. smiling28

smiling28 Moderator

wow - just searched for mamboboy21's posts and so sad now as he really came across as such a positive guy. He had even posted some encouragement for me in my threads which I remember meant a lot (he mentioned his Mum :) ).

My whole heart goes out to this said situation and all that are affected.

May he be at peace.

Rod

18. Jag75

Jag75 Shine Officer

It's an extremely sad occasion and my heart goes out to Lee's family and friends. I know there are a few people on these forums who knew Lee personally and you have my heartfelt condolances.

RIP Lee Wright

19. El Caobo

El Caobo ¬°WEPA!

Life is so fragile!

I send my heartfelt condolences to Lee's family and friends and hope that Matt pulls through.

20. AguaDulce

AguaDulce Pattern Police

Really sad to hear. He always seemed like a nice guy when we would exchange greetings.