2017 Berlin Salsa Congress Roll Call

Discussion in 'Just Dance' started by Sabrosura, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Sabrosura

Sabrosura El Sabroso de Conguero

So I know the Berlin congress is still 6 months away :) But I got excited as I looked at the congress schedule for the fall and it will most likely be the first congress I go to after I move to Europe. And also because I know it's one of the most popular congresses (and the biggest) in Europe, so I am excited to experience it for the first time.

Anyone else thinking of going? I will likely get the Social Party pass, which includes the afternoon socials and evening parties. The afternoon socials sound like a great idea, it means that you can basically get up to 15 hours of dancing a day :)

https://www.berlinsalsacongress.co/

Al Israel likes this.
  2. Aurel

Aurel Son Montuno

I bought a full pass when they had a promo party here. It looks like it's going to be my first salsa festival. I'm starting to get nervous... :panda:

3. Sabrosura

Cool! Remind me where you are from, by the way?

4. Aurel

Aurel Son Montuno

I live in Bratislava, Slovakia.

5. Al Israel

Al Israel Tumbao

For high-level on2 dancing, El Sol and Berlin are the best I have attended.

SnowDancer and Sabrosura like this.
  6. Sabrosura

I'll be going to both for the first time this year, excited! :)

Al Israel likes this.
  7. Offbeat

Offbeat El Sabroso de Conguero

I have Berlin in my sights, just depends if the dates work out. I think it is the 6th Oct. It is one place I want to go to and with the salsa festival happening, that is a bonus.

Paris is right up there for on2.

8. Sabrosura

I've never been to Berlin either, excited to see it. It's 6-8 October.

9. SnowDancer

SnowDancer Clave Commander

This looks really good! Ach! What pass to get?

10. Sabrosura

I haven't gotten mine either yet, good reminder, May 15 is when passes go up to the next price notch (they're 20% off right now). I'm still planning to get the social party pass. I want to do sightseeing during the day, since it will be my first time in Berlin. I also like that the social party pass includes the 'seminars' and 'lectures'.

Looked at the workshop schedule and the salsa ones are the same old "partnerwork" (80%) and "styling" :meh:. The only workshops that caught my eye are the three Semba ones. I might get the social party pass and the 'sensual' upgrade (which adds up to about $50 less than getting the full pass at the current price).

By the way, if anyone is interested in getting the full VIP pass, a friend of mine sent this promo:
    use the code "Jordan Hinahara" to get 30% off a full pass until May 17th.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
    SnowDancer likes this.
  11. SnowDancer

Be careful with their site! I thought I was just checking to see if your promo code worked, and ended up registering for it. :) Actually, waiting for a confirmation email to see what the price actually is.

12. Sabrosura

Lol, yeah the site is confusing, I tried to put in the promo code and wasn't sure to put it. Let us know what the price they charged you is.

13. SnowDancer

I will. They do send an email first (when you use the form on the left side of the page), and they have no way to charge me yet. Looks like you can use PayPal for a 5 eu fee, or you can wire them the money.

14. SnowDancer

A VIP pass with your code and the 5 eu Paypal fee is 123 eu total. Not bad! (Though it's funny to get excited about the pass when it's such a small percentage of the total cost of going from the US.)

Sabrosura likes this.
  15. Sabrosura

Glad the code worked! Where exactly did you put the code? The payment page is confusing.

The price is great, I think I'll get this one too as this price is less than if I get the social party pass plus sensual pass, plus it will allow me to go to the salsa classes if I suddenly develop an overwhelming desire to serve as 100 guys' pattern-dummy or learn some exciting new "styling" :troll::p

SnowDancer likes this.
  16. SnowDancer

It was the form on the left side of the tickets page, where you enter your name and choices.

17. Sabrosura

Ah I see--I didn't notice that one, at first I was like, "what form on the left side, there's only the form on the right side". I had only seen the form on the right side of the page, which comes up first (I didn't continue scrolling once I saw that one as I figured it's the only one) and which states it does not allow codes--they should make it clear somewhere earlier on that page there are two forms and which one to use.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  18. Al Israel

Al Israel Tumbao

Sensual pass includes parties I think.

19. Sabrosura

The way they are selling the passes is different than the regular pass types, there is no "sensual pass", just a "sensual upgrade". The have "basic" passes: full, social party, party, and if you want you can add "upgrades" to the party ones. The salsa upgrade gives access to salsa workshops only, the sensual upgrade gives access to sensual workshops only. I was going to get the social party pass + sensual upgrade, but as I was saying above it is cheaper to get the full pass with the discount code: 118 euro (until May 17).

Al Israel likes this.
  20. Offbeat

Offbeat El Sabroso de Conguero

What are people doing for accommodations in Berlin? It is certain expensive. 3 star holiday express in after discounts is listed at 120 euros per night for double and the four star crown plaza is 169 euros per night. Since I may have more free time, I am planning to arrive couple of days earlier and leave couple of days later. The flight tickets are fairly cheap!